Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. I have a question or two or three regarding a Walther PP .32 acp I have. It has a few markings that I am unsure about. On the barrel, visible throught the ejection port is an antler and the number 67. Is 67 the date of manufacture, as in 1967? Also, there is an "Nds" marking on the left side between the grip and trigger guard as well as on the right side of the slide -- any ideas as to what that is? On the left side of the frame, forward of the trigger guard, just below the slide, it is stamped "Interarms Alex, VA." The sn is 329xxx. Is this a German surplus PP that was imported by Interarms, or was is manufactured by Interarms? Any help you all can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
You have a German made Walther.....
you guessed it right 1967....
It is a police trade that was imported by Interarms....
the Staghorn is for the Ulm proofhouse... (H&K proofs their guns in Ulm too)
the NDS is in a "Square" right?? If so it is for the Land Niederschsen (which is like a state within Germnay)
another member just bought one of thses... I have seen one at my gunstore for way too much money.....
I might be wrong with the "state" as it might be another one.. but it's the only one I can think of......
German police officers are issued their guns by the department .. and the regular policedepartments issues the same gun throughout the "state"
So unless it is some "special" unit ... within the state all police officers carry the same gun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you much, uncut. That clears up a lot of questions I had. The Nds marking is indeed in a square. This is my first experience with an older Walther. My only other Walther is one of the newer S&W versions in .380. I actually like the older design and the .32 ACP chambering much better. Again, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any idea what this Walther might be worth?  The only other info I can add to my initial description is that it has the "Eagle over N" markings on both the barrel and the right side of the rear trigger guard.  I would say that it's probably in 85-90% condition, and has two original mags and the older style military holster.  Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts