Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been "lurking" on this forum for a little while trying to gather as much information as possible on the P99.  Well.. at the beginning of Feb.. the choice was obvious.  I drove 1 hr and 15 min to purchase it.  Two trips to the range and 500 rounds later...I'm still smiling.

I've decided what better way to introduce myself than to post pics of this little beauty.

I was experimenting in a photo studio and took these.  Enjoy!

If you can imagine a .40 S&W UV Load.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
woooooow
those are really nice pics... cool set up too
is that a LED light inside the barrel

Enjoy the P99 it's nice

·
Registered
67 Posts
Those are incredible photos. At first, I thought it was a computer generated image. My next thought was where did you get the UV ammo. It's obviously a newer .40 AS with the extended magazine release, but is it just me or is the frame also extended beneath the barrel? If so, I think I may need another. The last photo looks like the slide is slightly pulled back. Hard to tell.

·
Registered
189 Posts
nitrex, looks like the frame is the same, and I agree the slide is pulled back ever so slightly... most likely to hold the blue light... check out the overhang on the rear...and the gap in the front...and the protruding guide rod.

Cool pics!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good call mambro, I guess I got excited and forgot about the light source. I always thought it would look great with an extended frame.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are good!

Yes, in fact, the slide is pulled back ever so slightly.. the wires to the LED is preventing it from closing all the way. In the 3rd pic, you can barely make out the small clear battery pack near the backstrap. First pic you can just see the tip of the LED and its reflection in the barrel. Was trying too hard to make sure the blue light was visible.

I'll have to experiment more.

I've definitely enjoyed Mr. Lunde's photos and always look forward to new ones. Gives me a reason to keep shooting.. both ammo and digital.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
sure looks like it huh
new style P99.. now .... what I really wanna see,,,,
archangel do us all a huge favor
take one pic of the bottom where the rails are. right in front of the trigger guard (I wanna see if there is a date mark) ... and one of the right side of the gun
I wanna see if this one has that funky laser work done.... like the datecode, staghorn and all that underneith the extractor.....

and just regualr pics will do, no need to do fancy ones,
just wanna see if it has all the markings like I seen one at the store

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hum, I just noticed that the pics I posted back in DEC of my P99AS have the new long release as well, tho at the time I did not notice that it was any diffrent from the older p99's.

Here is the link: How do you take the gun apart?

You will need to scroll down a few posts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well this AS was manufactured in 2005 according to the AF date code and the Jan 25, 2005 factory target paper.  But.. like everyone was astute to point out.. it does have the newer designed release.  I'll be sure to take pictures soon.

I've just received my copy of the 2006 Walther Catalog which has the AS listed with "06" style release.

Edit:  Laser markings on right side similar to Kryoclasm's.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
and yet another 2005 model appears......
Kryoclasm
where is yoru date mark ??
Frame or lasered in the slide ?

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
damn ...
I really wish i would have been able to take a pic of that P99 at the sportsman warehouse..... but somebody bought it ...
I went back to buy mags and ask to take pics and the P99 was gone
I saw one that had no date mark on the frame.. but had the date code, staghorn and an extra "Eagle over N" lasered into the slide right underneith the extractor..... it looked too cluttered

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hear are the production markings on my 2005 P99. No markings on the under frame. There is a little Eagle over N on the trigger guard that is hard to make out. I blew it up for better viewing. Uncut is right that the info is a bit squished together all on the slide around the extractor. But it shoots as straight as can be and that's what matters to me!

*** For those who may wonder the 'XXX' is where the 4 numeric digits of the S/N are located ***

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
thank you for the pic........
it has bugged me since ever I cam across that one at Sportsmans warehouse... I went back to take pics of it while buying mags.. but the gun was already sold then....

thanks again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts