Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my used P99AS and ran a couple hundred rounds through it in order to test it out along with the supplied mags and aftermarket MecGar mags I bought for it. Didn’t do anything fancy with it. Just mostly slow fire at 10 yds. Found the rear sight needs a touch of windage adjustment. Didn’t get a chance to clean or lube the pistol before the range session, so, ran it dry for the first couple hundred. No hiccups.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I don't get out nearly enough in the winter months.
Took it to the indoor range attached to the shop where I found it.

My outdoor options have been decreased more by BLM policies than by weather, though we haven’t had a day this month without precipitation in my neck o& the woods.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It’s been awhile but I took my P99 out today to teach a new shooter, just to see what gun would fit her hands well. She hated the P5C and Q5 SF. Liked the P99, loved the P88.
Unfortunately she wanted to marry the P7M13. I think with more training she might grow to love the P99.

Either way, I enjoyed the hell out of the P99. Of all the pistols I own, it just feels so awesome to hold, and shooting it always reminds me why I carry it everywhere.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Glad your P99 was a winner for you at the range. It’s a damn fine weapon. Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts