Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on everyone I'm A1cousins and I'm brand new to this whole gun thing but I figured y'all could help me out with that. I plan on buying my first handgun this month and i'm really leaning towards the PPQ M2 .40. The only thing is I saw the 5" and I fell in love with how it looks and the reviews on it. I'm pretty tall at almost 6'3 and I don't really wear tight clothes so do you think that's something I could get away with carrying IWB? I know it may seem crazy but I just wanted some opinons. I'll probably end up getting the normal 4".

·
Registered
360 Posts
I’ve seen many successfully carry 5”. It’s not the barrel as much as the grip length. Welcome!

Reactions: A1Cousins

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I build my own. I use about 35° of cant and carry at 2:30ish. The cant, ride height, and belt location ALL have to work together....I found that magic combination....at least for me.
Do u know any good holsters you could recommend? Or maybe I can buy one from you but I was planning on carrying at about 4-4:30

·
Premium Member
13,804 Posts
Do u know any good holsters you could recommend? Or maybe I can buy one from you but I was planning on carrying at about 4-4:30
I really don't know of any holsters that I can recommend for your application.
Lots of good one's out there.

I don't make and sell holsters....just make em' for me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here is my post from a few days ago on what has worked for me this was more about owb but 2 of these recommendations also make iwb with several options and the kt mech defender can be used owb or iwb if you change the attachments. Also I personally really prefer the 5 inch model of this pistol and think the q5 is the best expression of it. You could swap the front sight to tritium or put an optic on it for self defense purposes or just use it how it is. But that is getting into a whole other can of worms that I don't care to get into atm. The ppq is a great pistol however you choose to go

https://www.huckleberrytactical.com/light-bearing-owb/
Just call them and talk to them they can make it how you want to as long as it's one of those lights and even if it's not they still may. Great customer service I'm happy with my pps rmsc holster. A safariland gls 578 will fit it out of the box for 40 bucks but not with a light. Both of those I believe will be dedicated owb you might be able to switch the orientation of the huckleberry one,
https://kt-mech.com/model_gf/gf_Walther_PPQ_1603.html
Kt mech holsters I have one of these too and I can throw in cog clips on it and it's iwb or I use the raven drop offset for owb all great options. The Kt and huckleberry will probably be about 100 when it's all said and done tho, Kt offers felt lining which is a very nice upgrade imo

·
Premium Member
13,804 Posts
That's cool,just curious is it cheaper to make your own holster?
Is it cheaper....hmmmm, all depends on how much your time is worth and how many holsters you think you'll try to make before you wind up with one that works and looks the way you wanted.

Whether you make your own or purchase ready made, you're more than likely going to wind up with a drawer full of holsters that you didn't like, for one reason or another.

I'd suggest doing a lot or reading and looking/searching, then buy or make a holster.....try it out for a while....if you like it, you're done....if not you'll be looking for another.

I made numerous holsters before I settled on the amount of cant, ride height and belt location that worked for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts