Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I’ve been a member here since 2013, and finally ‘pulled the trigger’: took Maryland class, waiting for my HQL and permit, and ordered a PPS M2!

I want to see what else I should get while I am waiting to pick up the pistol. I will use it for home self-defense (at least now I am not applying for a concealed carry in my state, although I am also waiting for my Utah CCW). Right now I have, or have ordered

-range bag
-mechanics gloves
-ear protection
-eye protection
-dry caps to practice loading
-gun cleaning kit
-gun bore snake
-a couple of ammo cases
-speed loader
-paper targets
-small gun safe

I have taken the NRA Basic Pistol class in 2013, and have been to gun ranges a few times in the last few years so I do have some experience, but plan on practicing a bit in the beginning.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your guidance over the last few years

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome to the PPS M2 club. It sounds like you're on the right track. You'll need lots of ammo, a few spare magazines and a holster.

For your range bag I'd ad these :

• gunshot trauma kit
  • a roll of masking tape for pasting up holes in your target
  • a small flashlight
  • a rag or some paper towels
  • a Leatherman or some such multi-tool.
  • extra ear and eye protection for when you bring a guest

·
Registered
108 Posts
Get a construction-type stapler, too. You might need it to staple targets to cardboard backings at some of the outdoor ranges you visit. I've had one in my range bag for years, and it's come in handy many times over.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions and general advice. It’s great to be a part of this community. For many years I ran a travel company to Russia, and always gave people an exhaustive list of things that they might not think of bringing—I sold my expertise then, and appreciate hearing what I need now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts