Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from range after firing 100 shots of our 1 day old CCP. Cleaned and oiled it last night before firing. Shot Fiocchi 115GR, 1200 FPS. Groups of 8 shots from myself and then wife. Barrel did get a bit warm but not to where was too hot to put hand on gun at front. Sights are not very bright. Will try some glo paint to see if make more visible. Had several FTE and failure to cock on the second box of 50. Let the range person try several shots after we were finished and he put them all in the bulls eye. I attribute most of failures to our "limp wrist" posture. Gun is very easy to take apart and reassemble. Just takes some getting use to as this is our first firearm. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have owned a CCP M2 for just over a year and have found it to be a reliable, well-balanced piece of hardware if kept clean. The gas piston seems to "collect" measurable residue after 50-100 rounds. In the 300 (or so) rounds I’ve put through the gun, it has functioned flawlessly. I did find the factory sights quite lacking and just installed TruGlo sights for a hopeful improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wife and I did 170 rounds today. I had re-cleaned the gun before today and used Moly M0S2 powder on it. Wife remarked how smooth and easy the gun was to rack today. Think the sights are shooting low as that was where most shots went. Gun didn't get "too" hot from piston during usage. Used mainly Winchester 115 gr from Academy today. I had used the Birchwood Super bright paint pen with white on entire blade and red for the dot. That helped somewhat.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The sights on the CCP have very small recessed dots that are not very visible. That being said I just consider them as blacked out. It’s still very easy to shoot accurately and especially easy to get follow up shots on target.

I have no issues with mine and I don’t clean after every range trip. As I type this it’s been to the range twice without a cleaning and has 300 rounds in each of the last 2 trips.

I tend to avoid Winchester white box as I find it is dirtier then other brands. I’ve had less fouling with Remington UMC, Fiocchi, and Federal then with the Winchester white box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, Happy Shooting! I just shot my CCP M2 I bought slightly used. I had a couple of failures in the beginning. I shot solid copper "Colt" ammo (older stuff from GBW) and that is where the failures came from. I had problems with this "Colt" solid copper in my 1911 9mm and changing to a different ammo solved it. For the M2 I added a couple of drops of oil here and there which may or may not have helped. Anyway, I closed out my session with 50 rounds of assorted 115 grain HPs and 147 grain HPs from Federal. Zero problems and fun to shoot!

BTW, I love how easy the M2 is to strip and clean. I had a earlier model and sold it because it was so difficult to maintain. This one is a breeze.

I hope you get plenty of fun out of your gun.

Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wife and I did 170 rounds today. I had re-cleaned the gun before today and used Moly M0S2 powder on it. Wife remarked how smooth and easy the gun was to rack today. Think the sights are shooting low as that was where most shots went. Gun didn't get "too" hot from piston during usage. Used mainly Winchester 115 gr from Academy today. I had used the Birchwood Super bright paint pen with white on entire blade and red for the dot. That helped somewhat.
Myself: Right handed, left eye dominant. From the factory the CCP came with 3 front sights. 1 tall, 1 medium (installed), and 1 short.

Mine was shooting low also. I switched out the front sight with the lowest one included from the factory. It's spot on now.

Mine has been great with less than a handful of issues when we first got it.
Since then it's been flawless. 5-600 rounds through it to date.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put 200 more rounds thru it today. That makes a 1000 total so far. I have found I have to slow down a bit firing, so the gun doesn't get too hot to hold.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Put 200 more rounds thru it today. That makes a 1000 total so far. I have found I have to slow down a bit firing, so the gun doesn't get too hot to hold.
Seems like after 4-5 mags in a row, ya need to give it a rest...as an EDC gun it’s fine, 'cause you hopefully ain’t gonna need to run that many mags at a time anyway....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have owned a CCP M2 for just over a year and have found it to be a reliable, well-balanced piece of hardware if kept clean. The gas piston seems to "collect" measurable residue after 50-100 rounds. In the 300 (or so) rounds I’ve put through the gun, it has functioned flawlessly. I did find the factory sights quite lacking and just installed TruGlo sights for a hopeful improvement.

Any chance you could post a link to the TruGlo model and maybe share where you purchased? TIA

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any chance you could post a link to the TruGlo model and maybe share where you purchased? TIA
I bought my TruGlo sights from a seller on eBay for about $65 with “free shipping”....you can find the TruGlo model number by simply Googling “TruGlo night sights for Walther CCP”.

I also posted my experience and the “how to” steps with pics as I installed the sights as I found the process a bit tricky...especially for someone that’s not particularly handy....you should be able to easily find my post under the CCP section on the Walther forum from February...PM me if you have any difficulty...

JJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my TruGlo sights from a seller on eBay for about $65 with “free shipping”....you can find the TruGlo model number by simply Googling “TruGlo night sights for Walther CCP”.

I also posted my experience and the “how to” steps with pics as I installed the sights as I found the process a bit tricky...especially for someone that’s not particularly handy....you should be able to easily find my post under the CCP section on the Walther forum from February...PM me if you have any difficulty...

JJ

Thanks JJ, very cool of you to reply so quickly. Saw your other post so that spawned my question. It seems there's no plug-n-play with the Walthers, so I'm debating the sight upgrade vs a laser.

For roughly the same $'s, the laser may be a no-brainer for in-home as mama can feel more confident she'll hit what she's aiming at. For my daily carry I'd want the sights improved rather than having to get a new holster that accomodates the add-on. Decisions, decisions. LOL

My first stop will be trying the Birchwood Casey super bright pens to see if the stock parts can be improved by simply filling in those deep holes w/ something more visible.

Stay safe, AB

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks JJ, very cool of you to reply so quickly. Saw your other post so that spawned my question. It seems there's no plug-n-play with the Walthers, so I'm debating the sight upgrade vs a laser.

For roughly the same $'s, the laser may be a no-brainer for in-home as mama can feel more confident she'll hit what she's aiming at. For my daily carry I'd want the sights improved rather than having to get a new holster that accomodates the add-on. Decisions, decisions. LOL

My first stop will be trying the Birchwood Casey super bright pens to see if the stock parts can be improved by simply filling in those deep holes w/ something more visible.

Stay safe, AB
Yes, “painting” the sights was my first thought too...but from some of the reading I did on the materials, it seemed most were unhappy with the results...as in the paint failed to glow for any measurable length of time...so I opted for the TruGlo sights...they are considerably better than OEM but not quite as good as the sights that came stock on my Sig P365...at the very least, putting some white paint on the OEM sights should be an improvement for aiming in something more than a dark room...

JJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts