Walther Forums banner

Firing Pin Spring

2K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Core 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I've had a PPS M2 for quite awhile. Its a good little pistol and I've not had much issues from it. Lately though, the trigger has really started to annoy me. It is extremely gritty and "jumpy", fancy terms here. I've put 800 rounds through it thinking it would clear up like many others do. Anyway, I disassembled the firing pin assembly to see if maybe there was build-up, but it looked pretty clean. I did notice the spring looked bunched up... almost like it was too long. Could this longer spring be rubbing the walls on the firing channel causing the perceived grit? Can anyone post a picture of they're assembly? I started disassembling the frame but could not figure out how to remove sear assembly and trigger bar to see if there was build up there. Is there videos on this? Does anyone have experience with this terrible trigger and what could be the cause? Thanks!

#2 ·
There have been a number of threads regarding the trigger. Some go into great detail with photos. The spring and striker come out the the rear of the striker channel. There are two models of this pistol and how you remove the spring differs. I doubt your spring is any different from any others. I don't have one of these pistols but the magic in my opinion regarding a smooth trigger is all in the edges of the cylinder as it gets rotated by the trigger bar. If I had one all of the bearing edges would be polished with the edges radiused slightly. 1917

#4 ·
When uncocked the PPS striker spring is relatively straight with a slight curl along its length. The grit you feel is caused by multiple areas throughout the trigger and sear block assemblies. For example, the crucifix has one "ear" on the left side that protrudes through a slot and makes contact with a cover plate throughout the back to front movement when pulling the trigger. The TRS can also rub the guide channel. The trigger bar rubs the small bar guide that is to the rear just forward of the point where the bar curves approx. 90 degrees. There are other locations wihere similar contact/rubbing takes place. Although I made several adjustments to the aforementioned points and performed some polishing I wasn't satisfied so I took it to my gunsmith. He turned the trigger to a smooth-as-butter motion!

There are several threads on this subject and I believe a few PPS owners were able to sooth the pull to a point they too claimed "butter smooth". Most have taken it to a gunsmith.

Would like to see a photo of your striker assembly to compare.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input. I'll post a picture later tonight showing the assembly. The spring looks too long to me and there feels like a llooot of resistance when manually pulling the spring back. Either way, I'll look more in depth tonight and see what else I can find. I'm no gunsmith but I would like to learn how to fix issues like this on my own. Do you have any advice on polishing? What sandpaper or stone you use do you use hand or tool like Dremel. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.