Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
New member to the forum.
I have a Spreewerke P38 that had the firing pin cover blow off in pieces while firing it. I also lost my rear sight somewhere in the mud and presume it to be gone forever. My question is this, does anyone know where I can find original parts? Particularly in Canada? I have seen a few replacement covers but they seem to be for the P1. I'm not sure if they would fit.
Thank you very much for any help.
Ted

·
Registered
270 Posts
It is not so unusual that the top cover flies off, as this happens when the top cover is not properly seated. Seating them is a bit more art than science. Age of the parts could lead to this, but to do so in pieces does meet the 'unusual' standard. Was it perhaps also corroded inside? Was there any more damage, to the slide, barrel or casing? There are also springs under the rear sight, hopefully also recovered.

It is possible to get a new topcover, and P1 topcovers will fit. They are slightly different as far as inner feet go but do work. So also, a P1 rear sight slide should do as well but a strong magnet going over your position and a meter or two back may help, as well as find any errant spring, it did for me before.

I don't know what trouble may be encountered in getting these parts in Canada though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks for your reply!
There doesn't seem to be any corrosion on the cover or underneath it. It appears to have simply snapped. Luckily, I didn't lose any springs and it doesn't seem like there is any other damage. I may, however, take it to a gunsmith before I shoot it again.
Ted

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts