Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just fired my P99 QA today. It is a 9mm and I love it. It felt great and had no misfeeds FTFs or FTEs. I shot 150 rounds through it. 100 124gr. and 50 115gr.
I just had a quick question. Where is it normal to see wear on the P99? Is it normal to already see wear this early?
I have some spots right next to the extractor on the edge of the ejection port where the black finish seems to have come off. Not a big deal for me, as long as the slide doesn't rust in those spots and the gun still fires.
I also noticed a little bit of the frame was rubbed off, next to the firing control assembly. Not much, but I noticed it after I took the slide off the clean it. The wear is not visible from the outside, it is a peice of the frame that would be inside the slide. It is right next to the firing control assembly. Is this OK?
Also I have to admit, I dropped one of my mags while it was loaded. I bumped it off of the bench and it hit the concrete. I picked it up and checked it out closely. Just a couple of scratches. It still works.
Anyway I wish I could tell you how it feels compared to another gun but my friend with a HK USP Compact 40 couldn't make it to the range with me.
Anyway, as I asked before, I was just wondering where the normal areas of wear were on the P99.
Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would say everything 's fine. The marks your noticing around the ejection port are actually from spent brass hitting it. Most autoloaders do this to some degree. It's likely not scratched, just brass marks.

Enjoy your pistol. I dropped a Sig mag yesterday in the manner you described. It ticks you off to scratch them, but the mag/pistol doesn't care. They seem to function just fine. These weapons are very rugged.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it looks brass colored. So no problem there. I also found out what caused the scratches in the frame. It was from when I was practicing taking it down. When I put the slide back on the frame, I was hitting that part of the frame with the back end of the slide. No problem there either. I'll just have to be more careful when putting the slide back on after cleaning is all. Plus it doesn't look like the part that is scratched up will cause any problems even if I keep scratching it. The slide moves on those four little metal tabs after all. At least I think they are metal.

I am very happy with my P99. Now I'm probably going to have to buy a .40 S&W one too. I just wish I had more money.

·
Registered
141 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MLB78 @ Sep. 25 2005,23:06)]Yeah, it looks brass colored.  So no problem there.  I also found out what caused the scratches in the frame.  It was from when I was practicing taking it down.  When I put the slide back on the frame, I was hitting that part of the frame with the back end of the slide.  No problem there either.  I'll just have to be more careful when putting the slide back on after cleaning is all.  Plus it doesn't look like the part that is scratched up will cause any problems even if I keep scratching it.  The slide moves on those four little metal tabs after all.  At least I think they are metal.

I am very happy with my P99.  Now I'm probably going to have to buy a .40 S&W one too.  I just wish I had more money.  
congratulations

i  wish to have more money too  

1 - 4 of 4 Posts