Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finishing up on Project Walther PPK/S .380
I'm getting it baby smooth in all the nooks & cranies + smoothing out my work from the beavertail modifications
I'm realy at the point were I can either sand it a bit more with 1500 grit paper & take the Dremel to it with some polishes & make it Shiny/Polished or Glass Bead it at my Buddies Shop or Brush the Frame with scotch brite to create the Factory Brushed Finish.. What Should I Do??

Just trying to get some feedback..
BTW I'm not touching the slide, It's upper area is matte & the polished flats look great IMO. Also I don't want to get near the upper checkering & sights
The real down side to the glass beading the frame is It'll take me a week to get over to my Buddies machine shop..
I will be useing the PPK for concealed carry, But that's concealed, Can't show at all, & I do like shiny polished pieces, As one of my Ruger SP101s is Polished & I have hard chrome brushed flats with matte finish on my HK P7M8..
And I'm still not sure what to do to the PPKs front strap??
Checkering? Stippling? Skate Bourd Tape? Smooth? Leave Alone?
My Checkered Wood Hogue grips give it a pretty firm hold..
Back to my shop with the 1500 crocus cloth to polish away on my Frame, I also got three handguns from yesterdays range setion to still clean, My SIG Sauer P225, Ruger SP101 9mm,& Ruger MKII Target SlabSide..
I also shot a .50 BMG Armalite yesterday, What a Rush!!
+ AK47 AR-15 & Mini14, Shot for 3 1/2 Hours..
I sure needed that!! Aaaaahhhh!!!!!
Hey Nice Holster

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well 16 people read this post but none replied.
I went with the factory looking brushed finish just because it's the easiest to apply..
After scrubbing with simple Green & rinseing in hot water I put the frame in the toaster oven @ 150 degrees for 15 minutes then re-applied the Militec-1 Then baked it again..
It's apart on my bench now waiting for reassembly
Smooth!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Michael I was in a hurry & the brushed looks great, In the future I might break out the Dremel & polish her up..
Man this pistol is slick & smooth
Need to score some .380 @ next weeks Gunshow
I'm out of 9mm,38spl, & 357 range ammo again too..
Ammo Poor for now!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Brush is 'purty'. If it scratches, a light sanding will make it new again. Congratulations!

Pics please!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's about how I was thinkin jehzsa
I do carry it & if I scratch it , I can take a piece of scotch brite pad to it & make it purdy again!!
I'm definately going with the Checkered Wood Hogue as the Fararr Grip is a Pain In The A** to apply & remove, & the Wood Looks & Feels Far Better Too!
I'll have to take a few snapshotss later, I'll post them, I need a new camera.. CrapCam2000 Just isn't getting it.B92

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the best pics that I could take without wasting an hour on it
These show the brushed finish best of all I took
This pistol Looks 20x better than these pics show!!
Back Strap

Front Strap

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
B92, I was considering putting a high polish on mine, I think it would look teriffic. But since it's a carry piece, it would show every little blemish. If I had one just for a range gun, I'd probably do it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANKS!!
Wish I could get a better Pic or Two..
Might Try Later On Tonight..
B92

1 - 10 of 10 Posts