Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came back from some nice 400 round stress management at the range this evening.
I was sitting cleaning my P99 Compact mags at my workbench when my fingers slipped before I could push the butt plate of the mag all the way back on. The little black plastic plate on the bottom of the mag shot across the basement.

I have a very cluttered basement (so the workbench stays clean) and have been unsuccessful at finding the lost part. I gave up after a 2 hour search.
My other mag has the finger extension & I like it better.

Where can I buy just the mag extension??

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Earl's
$10 for the mag-extension (bottom of page)
though you might want to call S&W and see what they are willing to do, or if they sell them seperate

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I called S&W when I first bought mine - they would not send me any plates - they claim they get their mags in whole units.

Earl's is the only place - but, he has a $25 minimum order, unfortunately (his website says this).

I was lucky to have someone mail me 1 for free from AR15 - he had an extra 1 - Unfortunately, unless U just buy another mag, Earl's is your only choice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
A while back I heard from someone on the forum, I don't remember the post, that said if you call S&W and say that your floor plate cracked they would send you some with finger extensions. Maybe that would help you out.
Patrick

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The other Option is...... order a few mags for you P99c from CDNN while they are only $20 and order yourself a few extensions form Earl.... makes mag for $30 with fingerextension...... sill cheaper than the usual 38 to 42 buck you pay for them

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wagemage @ Feb. 22 2006,07:59)]A while back I heard from someone on the forum, I don't remember the post, that said if you call S&W and say that your floor plate cracked they would send you some with finger extensions. Maybe that would help you out.
Patrick
I called S&W 2x, and each time they were adamant that they could not do so. I even mentioned that others online have claimed to have gotten just floor plates from S&W, and I was told both times that this could never have happened. The people even claimed to have checked w/ their managers. I finally gave up...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
While I did receive new floorplates to replace broken ones (several times), I think the part you are referring to is different. You've lost the relatively flat plate that's at the bottom of the magazine spring, yes?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
JaxsWastedLife
I sent you a PM... I just got some more mags and replaced the floorplates with extended ones.....(for wife.. mine stay flat)
if you need the floorplate only let me know, I can send you one...If you need that lil thing that attaches to the mag spring and pushes against the floorplate I can't help you as I need them myself....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts