Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other guns would fit a holster in place of a P99?

There are not very many holsters made for the P99, but if there is another gun that was essentially the same size, a person could shop for a holster that would fit "that" gun for their P99... Did that make any sense?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've been struggling with the same issue for concealed carry. I know I should just "pick" a gun to carry, but I like all of mine. Unfortunately all of the quality holsters are fitted to the particular gun. One option I'm looking at is a Fobus shoulder rig that accepts any of the roto-paddle holsters. It seems like shoulder rigs are the only ones that have the flexibility that Hal is talking about..but at the cost of a looser fit. I haven't run across any type of IWB or OWB holster that has any decent retention that isn't fit to a particular gun. Maybe I just need to keep buying guns until I get more with the same form as my Walther.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wished it would fit a Sig 226, I'd be in bussiness..

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you're interested in a shoulder holster, you might check out www.pythonholsters.com -- they have vertical and horizontal shoulder rigs that look like they accomodate a pretty broad range of pistols. All for $50. Another shoulder option is the Safariland Model 1090 "Gun Quick". It's a horizontal rig that fits just about every pistol made -- but runs $97 on holsters.com.

I'll point out that I have no personal experience with any of these rigs...they're just options I'm considering. My carry situations will mostly be in the car...so a shoulder rig is a good choice. For regular concealed carry, I'll probably have to pick one gun (and the Walther is a prime contender!) and put down the serious bucks for something like a Ted Blocker DA 3 of Tucker Texas Heritage.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far, the best way I've found to carry concealed is with a string. It works inside the waist band by looping it around the belt. It's not as safe as I would like because the trigger is not covered. I would not even think of using it with a gun other than my DA/SA trigger actions. It does work better than youd think though. The OSS used it during WW2.

I've been checking out eBoy for shoulder rigs and there are a lot of them out there, but they are either generic or for a specific model. That is why I was hoping someone would say "oh yeah, a  brandX will fit the P99 just fine"... I'll take a look at those you suggested, Thanks...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just don't bid against me!

I'm really leaning toward trying out the Fobus...for $30 it's probably worth a try. My only concern is that some of my Fobus holsters really have good retention...I may have to smooth them out a little so I can get a good draw in the shoulder rig. Nothing a little Dremmel work won't cure...

None of this would be an issue if I could just pick one gun and stick with it! Like I keep telling my wife -- at least it's only with the guns that I like variety!

Jim

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is what I have found:

For inside waistband, hands down the Tucker Texas Heritage. I bought the one specifically designed for the P99 and have found that it fit my SW99 compact nicely. I also found that it fits my HK USP compact .40 extremely well and in a pinch will work for my Sig P226.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]None of this would be an issue if I could just pick one gun and stick with it!
Who wants to do that?! How boring!

Thanks for the heads up CommanderJB...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stopping Power, what is a "m taurus" ?

I know it will be one of those "Doh!" questions, but I sure can't picture that firearm...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Personally I like the JIT holsters from Don Hume. I am right handed and I have a righty holster for normal carry and a lefty holster for behind-the-back.

Inexpensive, leather and light.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use an Alessi Bodyguard Shoulder holster most of the time, and have a Tucker "The Answer" comming shortly. I haven't worn the answer with the P99 yet, but it is comfortable as hell with Glocks, so I only assume it will be the same or better.

There are plenty of quality holster and sight options for the P99 out there, but most of them are by top-shelf companies so you're going to pay for them. If the holster is going to be used to carry concealed, you should drop a significant chunk of change and do it right the first time. A good shoulder holster or IWB with a good gun belt is almost a necessity if you are serious about carrying.

·
Registered
141 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hal8000 @ Mar. 16 2005,6:12)]Stopping Power, what is a "m taurus" ?

I know it will be one of those "Doh!" questions, but I sure can't picture that firearm...
Lol sorry my english sucks sometimes

is a Taurus 92C ant the other is Jericho 941f

·
Registered
25 Posts
As far as IWB goes check out Blade-Tech for Kydex and Graham Custom Leather for (of course) leather. I have a holster from both companies and I really like them.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've been looking at the Tucker "The Answer"...the reviews of the various models on Glock Talk are excellent (10+ pages of praise). It's a bit pricey, but if it works as advertised it would be worth it.

Has anybody tried one with a Walther?

Jim

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just looked at the Tucker, and it looks nice, like the best of both worlds... Might even be better than my "string"...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts