Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only been on the hunt for 4 months and can already tell this is going to be difficult.

Wish me luck. :eek:

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Good luck, and welcome.

The right one will pop up, it just takes time.

Mine was purchased while not even looking for one, it was posted on here.

"P88C value...1995 vintage"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck, and welcome.

The right one will pop up, it just takes time.

Mine was purchased while not even looking for one, it was posted on here.

"P88C value...1995 vintage"
Mags...check
Grips...check
Walther Soft Case...check

Actual P88...nowhere to be found. :(

Patience isn't my strongsuit.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
You may want to pro-con the P88 vs P88C.

I dislike "compact" handguns (XL hands), yet went with the P88C.

The P88C barrel and grip lengths are slightly shorter then the P88, but the "C" is by all means an SD size sidearm.

There were some issues that were resolved DURING P88/P99C production, as Walther corrected issues during production, the problematic P88 was discontinued, replaced by the P88C (with improvements/design revisions).

Conclusion, having a P88C in your collection means having the FINAL evolution of the autonomous Walther Ulms "all metal" handgun line. Everything post P88C involved plastic and/or "parent company" involvement.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may want to pro-con the P88 vs P88C.

I dislike "compact" handguns (XL hands), yet went with the P88C.

The P88C barrel and grip lengths are slightly shorter then the P88, but the "C" is by all means an SD size sidearm.

There were some issues that were resolved DURING P88/P99C production, as Walther corrected issues during production, the problematic P88 was discontinued, replaced by the P88C (with improvements/design revisions).

Conclusion, having a P88C in your collection means having the FINAL evolution of the autonomous Walther Ulms "all metal" handgun line. Everything post P88C involved plastic and/or "parent company" involvement.
Gorgeous compact. The Nills really make it pop. Thanks for sharing.

Regarding the P88vsP88c debate, I've gone back-and-forth a million times on that same topic. And, despite the reliability issues I've read about, I keep going back to the full size. Can't explain it, really...it just is what it is. :D Understand the arguments against, though. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I have to stay away from Gunbroker.
Yeah, but GB might be your only chance to find a seller willing to ship to CA. I agree with Jimbo, you are unlikely to stumble across one at your LGS, or even on a local gun board in CA.

If you want a full-size, then get it. I chose the Compact, which is still medium to large for a “compact” gun, based on recommendations from others about relative reliability of the two designs and the last historic all-metal Ulm design that DUA mentions above.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts