Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching for one I finally pulled the trigger & purchased one this afternoon by telephone. It's being shipped from RI to one of my local gun stores here in Tampa. Plan on ordering one of those "Split decision" holsters for it as well :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I talked to my local gun store and have one on layaway. The problem is they have the deposit until they get one in and then they will lay it to the side until I get down there. They don't know when they will get it. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was the second edition & I purchased it from gunsamerica for $589 plus shipping & $35 transfer fee from my local guy here. Also ordered the "split decision" holster this afternoon :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey stupid question (kind of a newbie on here)...what nite sites are avaible for the PPS or are they already included on the pistol from the factory???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx again & one other question regarding ammo...I always use the cheap Winchester brand from Walmart ($16 for a box of 100) for my Beretta 92, should I use the same for the PPS??? And what about hollow points??? I always here about Speer & Corbon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanx again & one other question regarding ammo...I always use the cheap Winchester brand from Walmart ($16 for a box of 100) for my Beretta 92, should I use the same for the PPS??? And what about hollow points??? I always here about Speer & Corbon.

I'm just learning about this pistol too, so I sure don't want to come off like the Shell Answer Man or anything... Anyway, I have shot primarily all WWB 115gr ammo and Speer Gold Dot +P. I would guess about 90/10 on that mix and I just went over 500 rounds through mine. No issues with either!

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Hey stupid question (kind of a newbie on here)...what nite sites are avaible for the PPS or are they already included on the pistol from the factory???
none. (kind of... some say there are other walther sights that fit the PPS)

Nope.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=86524852

This P99 has the metal sights that are also used on the PPS
see how much bigger the dots are compared to the regular P99 sights...
well the same sights are available in night sights and will fit the P99/PPS
however these are like on the PPS drift adjustable only and should be installed by a gunsmith that knows what he is doing.....(the rear sight is near impossible to install on a P99 without the proper tool from Walther, much easier on the PPS)

Part #'s

2677903... Metal sights - drift adjustable MSRP $79
2679696... Tritium Sight set - drift adjustable 3 dot green MSRP $99

below are two pics.... first one shows the difference of the dot size of the metal to plastic sight
second is the rear sight and the new style roll pin with teeth ... which makes this like impossible to install without the propper tools

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts