Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Walther PPK/s stainless/blued .32 and stainless .380. PP in .32 and PPS M1 in 9mm
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as most I would prefer the ppk over the /s, still.
For several years I have been looking for a .32, blue ppk. Nearly settled on a German made .380 at a gun show today, but in our meanderings we stopped by an LGS and found this one for about $200 more. Honestly can't find any real blemishes on the gun and the mags don't look used. Bore is crisp.
Not sure about the certificate. Of course this is a French made pistol, but I will live with that.
I also have a stainless Interarms ppk/s in .32 as well.
Probably not a great deal or anything. Paid $825 including taxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Walther PPK/s stainless/blued .32 and stainless .380. PP in .32 and PPS M1 in 9mm
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Si can someone tell me about this certificate that came with my acquisition?

·
Registered
629 Posts
They come with Manurhin produced models. Nice set.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not find a serial number grid supporting the Manhurin models. But am I correct in expecting that my Serial number 322659 PPK/s was made around 1973? Not a big deal to me, but a curiosity.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After looking at this firearm pretty thoroughly, I am convinced it has not been fired. Makes me somewhat less likely to fire it and just take my stainless when I feel the need to fire a PPK/s.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
No need to carry it or abuse it, but it's not the Hitler Walther either. Shoot it and enjoy it; the .32s are sweethearts.
Moon

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I did not find a serial number grid supporting the Manhurin models. But am I correct in expecting that my Serial number 322659 PPK/s was made around 1973? Not a big deal to me, but a curiosity.

The grid was used for Walther and also for Manurhin PPK and PPK/S chambered in 7,65mm until 1985. The latest numbers I've found are 329xxx. So I would assume early 80's. I would also assume that the gun is one of the lastest Manurhin produced PPK/S delivered to Interarms.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Really beautiful find ,for the condition she's in sounds like a fair price to me . Those French made Walthers were some of the best ,their blueing was the absolute best ,I have never seen a German finished pistole with a better finish . If you make her a safe Queen you will be depriving yourself of one of the best shooting experiences of your life,there are very few if any pistoles that are a sweeter shooter than that one there . Live long and prosper ,and may your life with that honey be a long and happy one . Ayb

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Concur on the quality of the Manurhin guns; recently saw a .22 at a gunshow that ended up being purchased here.
This forum has turned .32 Walthers into unicorns, so you didn't fare badly on the price.

Moon

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am expecting I will take it to the range pretty soon along with its stainless cousin. I am sure it is my imagination but the stainless feels heavier. I know I enjoyed shooting the stainless version the few times it has been to the range.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
The certificate is generic to the French pistols, it has no specific meaning to your pistol. The Manurhin are terrific, and I find the slightly longer grip of the PPK/S more comfortable than the PPK. Manurhin PPK are relatively uncommon and command a premium over the Walther versions. Finally, my semi-educated guess is your pistol is more like 1985 than early 1980s. A better photo of the importer mark on the slide could help narrow it down. Those stamped Matra Manurhin are the last, with the Manurhin International a year or so older. Now, go shoot the danged thing, and do not hide it away in a safe. They are not rare and they deserve to run wild and free!

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Hi GeoNole,

it's just a question of placing your little finger correctly ;)

Production of the PPK/S in 7,65mm produced by Manurhin ended in 03/84 (=> ref. to Dieter Marschall). Acc. to the serial number my personally guess is quite near :)

Btw. I'ld like to see some more detailed pictures as well.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Hi Martin - yes, I am aware of my lack of fingering skills (TWSS :^). You are correct about Herr Dieter's research regarding the .32s. I had the .380s in my head since I have a couple of those, and they were produced into late 1985, IIRC.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi GeoNole,

it's just a question of placing your little finger correctly ;)

Production of the PPK/S in 7,65mm produced by Manurhin ended in 03/84 (=> ref. to Dieter Marschall). Acc. to the serial number my personally guess is quite near :)

Btw. I'ld like to see some more detailed pictures as well.
More detailed in what way?
BTW the dealer had two PPs in .32 as well. Seem to recall them being in very good shape as well. Possibly, they acquired all three together when I think of it. They were only discounting the PPs about $100/$150 from the PPK/s if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm intrested in detailed pics of markings like proof marks, importer marking, roll marks etc.pp.
Do these help.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Thank you! A pic of the manufacturer roll mark would be nice. Or question: Is the gun Walther or Manurhin marked?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you! A pic of the manufacturer roll mark would be nice. Or question: Is the gun Walther or Manurhin marked?
Educate me on how to answer your question. Where is the roll mark?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts