Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local Gander Mountain had the new Walther PPS, in stock finally.

I finally got to hold one. It was #94 of the first edition model. The trigger was lighter than I thought it would be. But, being a current owner of the P99 compact, I don't see the need to spend more money on this. It's got basically the same dimensions, it is just a tiny bit thinner. Gander, of course, wanted $799. But even if available in the $500-something price range, I wouldn't buy it, unless I NEEDED a small, compact. If placed in my cargo pants pocket, like I do with my P99c, the slight, slight difference in the thickness of the gun wouldn't matter.

Not, Gander must be smoking crack... the FN Five Seven that was already over priced just 3 weeks ago at $1099. Today, it is $1299!!!

That is $500 more than what I paid for mine thru Bud's last month. That's just ridiculous. Of course, several months ago, they wanted almost $2100 for a green FN PS90 at the Houston Gander Mountain.

Ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I am waiting to see one in person also. But, I am bummed, as I have a 100% reliable Kahr PM9, and I just can't justify buying a PPS, especially since it is bigger. Damned '68 GCA!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Okay, this is silly. Walther usa just two days ago said they didn't think the new pps would ship until the end of this month...wouldn't you think they'd know? They also said the 40 cal would be the end of the year. The say the dimensions are the same, does that seem reasonable?

Jeff

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I love to buy fullsize guns for range fun. But, I never shoot compact guns as well. But, one needs a compact gun for carry.

As I don't have tons of money, I can't justofy having a lot of carry guns.

I have a P99c and a Keltec 32. I'm covered between those 2.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Once my CHL comes, (insert tapping foot icon) I'm planning on carrying the full-size P99. I'm able to feel comfortable wearing it around the house and it hides well enough for me. I plan to get he PPS for back up and the occasional pocket carry.

I do tend to blow money on stuff I want but don't necessarily need. I'm sure the shotgun and black rifle will be on the want list.:)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Okay, this is silly. Walther usa just two days ago said they didn't think the new pps would ship until the end of this month...wouldn't you think they'd know? They also said the 40 cal would be the end of the year. The say the dimensions are the same, does that seem reasonable?

Jeff

Jeff
Walther USA might have talked about the regular PPS.... they for sure know that the First Edition is out and about....
as to the .40S&W
they are correct... the outside dimensions will be the same as the 9mm, with the slight difference of the ejection port being a bit bigger to allow the .40SW to eject

·
Registered
74 Posts
I get it now. The First Edition is available now, later on the regular version...now I have to determine if I can wait for the .40.

I am heavy on carry guns now. I need to get rid of the .38 snubby, and the S&W 3913 (geez, that made me woozy just saying that.)

Maybe I'm heavy on 9mm. Yeah, that's it! I can get rid of the 90-two, and the snubby...but that's so much fun to shoot, okay maybe the POS S&W 22S, yeah, and the Hammerli, naw, got too much into that one...

Well, the AR15 ain't going anywhere, that's for sure, maybe the car. Or the plane.

Crap! This is hard! The wife is just going to have to ask her boss for a raise.

Jeff

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 3913(NL) is a fantastic gun, like I said, got a little woozy just thinking about selling it. But it's for carry, and it's a bit bigger and definately wider than the PPS, and the PPS would allow me to ditch the .38 snubby for carry. I carried my wife's P22 once, it was like putting your keys into your pocket, and hid just as well. After seeing the pics of the PPS against the P22, the deal was sealed. After all, I can't bring myself to sell the 90-two. I have no use for the 90-two, but it's Beretta-love, after all. Hardly need three 9mm...

You're right, better keep them all and just pony up for the PPS! Thanks! Now I can blame you!

Jeff

·
Registered
203 Posts
glad you had a chance to look at it...i had to drive out of town just to see one. nice pistol, a tad too big for me; but if i see it in black, i might just unload a case or two of my 5.56mm ammo stash.... :p

·
Registered
529 Posts
My local Gander Mountain had the new Walther PPS, in stock finally.

I finally got to hold one. It was #94 of the first edition model. The trigger was lighter than I thought it would be. But, being a current owner of the P99 compact, I don't see the need to spend more money on this. It's got basically the same dimensions, it is just a tiny bit thinner. Gander, of course, wanted $799. But even if available in the $500-something price range, I wouldn't buy it, unless I NEEDED a small, compact. If placed in my cargo pants pocket, like I do with my P99c, the slight, slight difference in the thickness of the gun wouldn't matter.

Not, Gander must be smoking crack... the FN Five Seven that was already over priced just 3 weeks ago at $1099. Today, it is $1299!!!

That is $500 more than what I paid for mine thru Bud's last month. That's just ridiculous. Of course, several months ago, they wanted almost $2100 for a green FN PS90 at the Houston Gander Mountain.

Ridiculous.
I know what you mean. Gander Mt. has to have the highest gun prices of all the stores. I wouldn't buy anything from them, including ammo. Last time I stopped by our local G.M. I asked for a box of 45 acp and the clerk hands me 45 GAP! Duh! I'm glad I noticed this before I started pumping rounds through my Mod 36 Glock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts