Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the stars finally all fell into alignment for me and I have the money in hand to buy a new PPS.. Wow!

But, I'm not gonna buy one.. Right now.

I don't care for the special edition models, and it seems the black models aren't really on the market here in the US yet.

Also, some folks have had problems with their new PPS's so I think I'd prefer to just wait a few months until the smoke clears, any gremlins are found out and fixed, availability of the black ones increases, and the price levels out.

So in the meantime in the spirit of keeping the US economy going I'm going to order another personalized Seecamp LWS32.. The little jewel Seecamps are like Walthers.. You can never have too many.

But, hopefully in the new Year I'll be financially solvent enough to check out the PPS market again.. I'll just trust in my faithful old P99c/AS to carry me thru the rest of the year..

And that's not a bad thing..:D

I'll keep reading, watching, and saving my pennies again tho..

J. Pomeroy

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I just picked up a PPS on Friday from a small shop in Central Oregon, after having my FFL dealer try everything he could think of to secure one -- and ultimately fail. I was ready to give up on it entirely and just go for the black model when they arrive (surely they will arrive one of these days), but I'm really glad that I found the First Edition. It's everything you'd want in a single-stack concealed carry handgun, and it's also a nifty performer. After running 100 rounds through it at the range on Sunday, the only glitch being one minor FTF, I am impressed with the performance as well as the looks of the new Walther. Plus, there's something special about having a brand new, state-of-the-art handgun that reads Walther inside the banner and that has a serial number of only three digits.

If you get the chance, take a bite of the apple, folks. It's an impressive, even tasty, piece of engineering. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree- I was holding out to see a P99c before I dropped any money, but as I went looking, my local Scheels got a PPS FE in. I immediatly bought it after they let me field strip it, and dry fire it and mess around with the back straps. I checked out the included target and it shot a nice group of 1.25 inches!
The coloring is nice and there is a picture here in the forum that someone took without such strong flash lighting that is the best representation of the colors.
I like the 6 and 7 round magazines and maybe could have done without the case and the target- so a non FE gun would have fit the bill fine, but I don't regret it at all. When I pull out that aluminum case and open it up at the range- people are like "WOW" that thing is cool. It's like driving up to a party in a limo, or a Kia... The limo has some show and the kia is just a plastic box!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts