Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my PP Super in 9-18, seems to have only one serial number on it, on the slide right side 133XX. There is also a mark on the right trigger guard round star burst defacing another mark below it. usual antler, crown and N stamps. No box and only one mag. I will be looking for those things soon. Any questions ?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
How is the finish.... what do the grip looks like??
congrats... hope you enjoy it....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grips have seen some use, the finish is excellent. Few lite area of blue finish is worn on the controls. Do these guns have on one serial numbers ? I find that unusual for a Walther line of pistols ?
I talked to my daugther about sending you a picture of this piece, neither of us has a didgetil camera. What we can do is use my 35mm to talk a photo and go from there. Do you still want a photo ?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
artysgt
don't worry about the pic..... that's not that important ....

I answered your email too.......enjoy the PP Super

·
Registered
335 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (artysgt @ Oct. 25 2006,5:29)]Grips have seen some use, the finish is excellent. Few lite area of blue finish is worn on the controls. Do these guns have on one serial numbers ? I find that unusual for a Walther line of pistols ?
I talked to my daugther about sending you a picture of this piece, neither of us has a didgetil camera. What  we can do is use my 35mm to talk a photo and go from there. Do you still want a photo ?
FWIW:

The "as new" PP/ Super on sale on wwwgunbroker.com (item # 59217087) has several pictures with the ad and in one of them it shows the right front of the PP/Super in the area in front of the ejection chamber and the front sight.

The serial number 20618 is engraved on both the slide and the frame, basically located one on top of the other.

Don't know if this answers your questions about a single serial number or not, but you might want to take a look at the pictures yourself.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts

FWIW...... it looks like Walther at some point in the late production changed the way they marked the PP Supers serial#'s......the one where the serial # is on the frame and slide is one of the last ones to be made... as they stoped at serial # 21101 the first one to be made was #10001
the 2 pics above are from Gunbrokers auction.......
both of mine are single marked PP Supers..... both under the ejection port.... one is #10106 the other 15XXX......

and another FWIW.... there were some internal changes made to the PP Super too at like serial #16000

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
also.. the PP Super with the red background is a civilian model....
It is one of the few that I have seen as of late.... there has been at least 2 listings (one on gunbroker one on Gunsamerica) where owners claim to have a civilian model and they clearly show the "police marking" on the triggerguard...
the dealer on gunsamerica fixed it after I pointed it out to him.. and well it is a nice PP Super for a police trade

The PP Super on the fence is a police trade... that has the marking on a rather unusual spot on the left side of the frame...It is the only one I have seen having the mark on that spot...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Just for kicks, here's mine.
One difference now. Dyed the grips black. Like them more that way.

No dice. Can't seem to be able to post it. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Well since yours didn't work I will post one of mine
with original woodgrips

·
Registered
757 Posts
She's still a cutie, uncut.

Btw, the trigger pull in mine has gone down now to about 3 lbs. SA and to about 5 lbs. DA. Just perfect. ASAI-like specs. But it looks like in time I'll need to replace a couple of springs. If not sooner. Worried about light strikes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My many thanks for all the comments and pictures, I really do appreciate it. I am new to Walther collecting so every tidbit of information helps me. One question here, were the Police issued with both plastic and//or wood grips ?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Police issue only with black or brown plastic.........most came with box and manual and 1 extra mag.....
The one in the pic is a early commercial with factory woodgrips.... that are near impossible to find.....
there have been 2 I have seen as of late with the woodgrips....
currently one for acution on Gunbroker for over $1400 which is chambered in .380
and not to long ago there was another one in .380 with woodgrips.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts