Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a compact A/S 9mm and a SW99. I finally got my hands on a QA P99 today at the gun store. I really don't like the QA trigger. Only the A/S for me. The QA is a lot heavier...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I had the same experience...maybe because I already had two AS models and that is what I am use to...was looking for a compact...found the only one in a local gun store and was ready to buy it when I noticed it was a QA...didn't like the trigger...so I bought an AS compact over the internet...am now very happy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been looking at a P99 as a CCW and had a chance to compare the QA and AS versions side by side. Like the AS better, although the LOOOOOOOOOOOON DA pull will take some getting used to. I presume the QA will be something that someone can get used to also. Sadly, after discussing the purchase with the wife and debating back and forth I showed up to the store after closing
Guess I will have to wait till they open in the AM to get my 40 cal P99AS. Just hope they didnt sell it today or something screwy like that.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I like the QA trigger, but they are not intended for the shooting enthusiasts.  IMHO it is the genius of Walther to find the perfect compromise between single action and long double action trigger pulls. They are designed for the law enforcement, who rarely practice.  A friend of mine is a state cop.  I asked him how much hand gun training they did, and he told me the shoot 3 times a year for a couple of hours.  So that being the case, I think they should all have QA triggers and leave the SA to the people who practice.  Unfortunately Walther marketing is after the big Police market when it comes to the full sized P99's

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have two QA P99 9mm and with practice have become very accustom to the heavier trigger and absolutely love the short pull.
I did not care for the A/S trigger mainly b/c of the long pull.
My previous pistol experience has been three 9mm Glocks, Browning HP and various S&W .357
So to each his own, it really depends upon what you are use to shooting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is a SAD state of affairs when "professionals" have to have special heavy weight and LOOOOOONG triggers developed for them. Logic would have one think the other was true. Walther/ S&W pandering to the LEO market is why I'm anxious to get my AS bought and paid for in the AM. Wasnt too fond of the QA gun they had in inventory. The question is whether Walther will no longer make the AS model or S&W will no longer import them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have both a QA and an AS P99. Both in 9mm. I bought the QA first, and I thought it was great. Then I bought a used AS and found that I really like it, as well. The first DA pull takes a bit to get used to, but the SA trigger pulls are great.

It does make me sad that the AS triggers are no longer being imported. Why not keep importing them and let consumers have a choice as to which trigger style they would like?

That is not to say I hate my QA. I like it a lot as well. Both are great guns, and the QA trigger pull doesn't really bother me, but I give the edge to my AS, just because you can decock it and not worry about having to recock it in order to fire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts