Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of delay I finally got around to adding a TPH to my collection from Rock Island Auction.

Mine is a 1990 stainless .22 LR that came with the original box, manual, and test target. Everything is in excellent condition.

The TPH is small but I can still get most of my hand on it and it is slightly larger than my Beretta 950. The trigger in SA is good but very heavy in DA which was expected. All of the other controls are easy to operate

At the range it's a fun little shooter but prefers HV ammunition and shoots high and to the right at seven yards. With standard velocity ammo I was getting the occasional failure to eject. The small orange sights are hard to see.

I like it enough that I'm now on the lookout for another in .25 ACP.

Font Electric blue Automotive exterior Gun barrel Brand

Premium Member
Congrats on the TPH, the German .22 are almost flawless and eat anything. I love the TPH, easy to carry anytime anywhere, fits in pocket, IWB, my fannypack, ankle. I practice with a .22 and carry a .25, both German. For my purposes its enough to keep the mosquitos away when they start irritating me. I found that one handed and no pinky gives me the best grip, stable, and perfect for point and shoot鈥︹︹.its extremely accurate at 7 yards easily 2鈥濃..Did I say I recommend the german TPH鈥︹...and it is such a beautiful design. My babies!
Brown Bag Luggage and bags Sleeve Font

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The .25s are quite scarce.
But not as desirable as the .22's maybe. I hope that works in my favour and I'm in no hurry. This has been one of my best ever years for collecting. I haven't shown you guys much of it yet because I like to have some trigger time before posting.

Did I say I recommend the german TPH鈥︹...and it is such a beautiful design. My babies!
That's a great collection you have! I passed up a blued German TPH .22 a few years ago before prices on these went up and have regreted it since.

its extremely accurate at 7 yards easily 2鈥
Mine was closer to 3.5" at 7 yards but that might improve if I switch to HV. I'm also way overdue for new glasses.

Registered
I have both an Interarms and an Ulm example, and agree the Ulm gun seems smoother. I run Velociters or Mini-Mags through them for best cycling.

Here they are, each sporting the custom furniture I got Pete Foldyna to make for me. I鈥檓 sure Gtips4u still has the CNC file for these. I especially like the stippled finish over checkering.
[

Premium Member
Kramer makes excellent holsters, very high quality, perfect fit. RIA is selling an excellent but not so desired (due to the right side marking) specimen that should go for about $900 is my expectation, +the RIA percentage and taxes鈥.but if you can get this for below $1400-1500 you got a great deal at this stage of the Biden era. I have always wanted either real ivory or real Mother of pearl grips for my TPH鈥.still searching.

Registered
The .25 TPH are, as Lee said, seldom seen for sale. To say that they are 鈥渘ot desirable鈥 isn鈥檛 supported by the prices that I have seen. The irony is that .25 magazines are relatively common and inexpensive, while .22 mags are the opposite. My German TPH in .22 runs like a top on hotter ammo, and is surprisingly accurate and precise at reasonable distances.

Super Moderator
Geo', you are exactly right about the magazine conundrum. I'd love a .25 TPH just for grits and shins; have had 6 Ranger .22s; the first three would not run for love nor money.
The three more recent ones, including the one in the safe, run just fine.
There are better choices for actual carry, but the TPH is just such a nifty little gun.
Moon

Registered
After years of delay I finally got around to adding a TPH to my collection from Rock Island Auction.

Mine is a 1990 stainless .22 LR that came with the original box, manual, and test target. Everything is in excellent condition.

The TPH is small but I can still get most of my hand on it and it is slightly larger than my Beretta 950. The trigger in SA is good but very heavy in DA which was expected. All of the other controls are easy to operate

At the range it's a fun little shooter but prefers HV ammunition and shoots high and to the right at seven yards. With standard velocity ammo I was getting the occasional failure to eject. The small orange sights are hard to see.

I like it enough that I'm now on the lookout for another in .25 ACP.

View attachment 101421
Pretty close to mine. Nice pick up.

Registered
I declined an opportunity to purchase a .25 a few weeks ago. It was proffered as a trade for my 1940 PPK but I decided on the cash instead. That was the first available one I encountered for quite some time. It鈥檚 better this way: buying a .25 will only send me down a rabbit hole to collect more. My .32 sickness is bad enough.

Registered

Registered
Speaking of鈥

I just won this auction. Looks like it鈥檚 a 1996/7 and has everything but the spare mag. Surprised at the price since I鈥檝e lost similar auctions over the last few months where they traded for over $1,000.00.

Next step is to get it over to Tornado Technologies to get the barrel threaded for a suppressor.

Premium Member
Speaking of鈥

I just won this auction. Looks like it鈥檚 a 1996/7 and has everything but the spare mag. Surprised at the price since I鈥檝e lost similar auctions over the last few months where they traded for over $1,000.00.

Next step is to get it over to Tornado Technologies to get the barrel threaded for a suppressor.

Because I let you have it鈥..lol鈥..enjoy鈥.great move to sent to to Tornado鈥.

Registered
Because I let you have it鈥..lol鈥..enjoy鈥.great move to sent to to Tornado鈥.
Well, thanks!

One thing I am a little disappointed in and I'm glad I didn't spend any more money on it is you can see the proof target has a different serial number than the number on the pistol. I suspect someone put a random TPH in a random TPH case and marketed it as a set. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy with the price I paid for this TPH, it's about what I would expect to pay for one in this condition without a box or papers, but I'd be very disappointed if I had paid some of the prices I've seen these sell for, thought I was receiving a complete matched set, and was sent this.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts