Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 1.5 years and 16,000 rounds I finally broke something....I had heard a rattle and merely thought the gun was loosening up as all things must wear, but nope it was a freakin' spring. The spring that depresses the slide stop had finally shorn off. This was totally due to neglect on my part as I clean the stupid thing during the first neap tide of a leap year only when its a full moon. (For those of you that remeber I torture tested this gun a while ago and nearly went 9000 rounds without cleaning it) In short I think that constant abrasion due to fouling grit and many, many, mag changes just took their toll. Comical thing though is that it rattled for about 3 months before I figured out what it was. I shoot high thumbs so I kept it from prematurely engaging and the mag spring was sufficient to overcome my hold. Awaiting the part from SW, who by the way, were great to deal with.

Sold two more of my HK's to get 2 more P99's and will be contacting CCF in the next year or so to put a carbon fiber can on one of 'em.

Speaking of HK their crappy customer service has caused me to rid myself of 2 USP 45c's and 1 USP 357c. I am only keeping the 9 and 45 expert as well as the 3 P7's. Hk can go to [email protected]#$ for all I care I have lost all interest in them after the way they DON'T treat customers.

Spring was less than 3 bucks and new recoil spring assembly was just a shade under 10! Screw you HK!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I needed a simple c ring for the end of the recoil guide rod...HK wanted me the send the entire pistol to them! That's 25 bucks give or take a few dollars, I finally reasoned with the guy and was able to just send the recoil assembly...Jeez. Took 2 weeks. Never again will I deal with such a pig headed company.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gato @ July 27 2005,20:32)]HK wanted me the send the entire pistol to them! That's 25 bucks give or take a few dollars,
Let me know what shipper you use that will send a pistol for $25! (Or are you an FFL using USPS?) The best I've seen is in the $40-$50 range -- since most of these paranoid companies require you to use overnight service.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPS overnight saver i believe it's called. We, as in the the gun shop I work for, have been using it for years.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I frown upon smith and wesson service. I had a very similar incident as Gato's cept with SW. My mag jamed everytime. they said it was the gun. so i sent it back to SW, i paid shipping. They sent it back 2 months later, UNFIXED. it had the same problem. I emailed them and called them many times. I finally had to fix it myself. Recently i bought a SW99 with the 2 free mags deal. I didn't get my mags for 6 months. so i have been let down by their service.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Odd, when I applied for my hi-caps for the walther through smith i had 'em in ten days.

Related to the breakage if anybody needs help disassembling the trigger group let me know. The roll pin is a motherf#$%&@#. Other than that, and finally discovering simple green as a cleaning medium, the replacement went well.

·
Registered
821 Posts
That's a ditto on SaW cust service.

There was a point where I didn't get my magazines for like 4 weeks, and they told me it'd be sooner.

I called them up, they had accidentally "misplaced" my PO, they promptly put in another, and I had the magazines in like 5 days.

Give them a ring, they're really striving to have the best customer service in the business.

-stunks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts