Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 309 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I have three P5s and want more...they are addicting. It is the sexiest gun made with the exception of the PPK. You picked up a bargain for NIB at Cabela’s for that price! If you have buyer’s remorse, I’ll take it off your hands!

I’ve had my eye on that one from CDNN too. I don’t need another one...I said the last two times I bought one!

Congratulations on a great buy of the best out there. I carry mine as much as I do the P99c.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have three P5s and want more...they are addicting. It is the sexiest gun made with the exception of the PPK. You picked up a bargain for NIB at Cabela’s for that price! If you have buyer’s remorse, I’ll take it off your hands!

I’ve had my eye on that one from CDNN too. I don’t need another one...I said the last two times I bought one!

Congratulations on a great buy of the best out there. I carry mine as much as I do the P99c.

I can see myself having three P5s before the year is over, at a minimum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
holster

Have 2 pp with the second one came a like new brown holster but for a pps or ppk cause it is too short for the length of the pp. Have seen they are a little costly' I would sell it for the right price, would send pics to anyone interested. Thanks Bob

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I can see myself having three P5s before the year is over, at a minimum.
It’s easy. With the exception of maybe the P88, I don’t know of a finer gun. Everything is perfect about it. The slide is so smooth. The trigger and reset are as good as it gets. Walther was on their game with the P5. I’m always watching for another. Just because. :D

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
It’s easy. With the exception of maybe the P88, I don’t know of a finer gun. Everything is perfect about it. The slide is so smooth. The trigger and reset are as good as it gets. Walther was on their game with the P5. I’m always watching for another. Just because. :D

Yes.

I was really impressed by the P5 from the first time I handled it.

I was hooked at first slide rack!

The Var3 from CDNN is hardly the most desirable of the P5s (early non re-enforced de-cocking lever among other details). But it will be admired/respected as a Benchmark Walther design in my firearm collection. Hardly a "bad" Variation in the 105,000 unit run.

The P5 is the first firearm I've purchase that had me wanting ANOTHER immediately.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Yes.

I was really impressed by the P5 from the first time I handled it.

I was hooked at first slide rack!

The P5 is the first firearm I've purchase that had me wanting ANOTHER immediately.

I was the same way...I went on a binge...but they fit in the safe perfectly. It’s as if the “belong” their.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new here and never even tried to post before testerday so as soon as I figure out how to add photos to a post I will try to get some photos of the P38 posted. Anyone that feels like taking the time to give me instructions or point me in the right direction here on the site to learn how everything works would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,494 Posts
I am new here and never even tried to post before testerday so as soon as I figure out how to add photos to a post I will try to get some photos of the P38 posted. Anyone that feels like taking the time to give me instructions or point me in the right direction here on the site to learn how everything works would be greatly appreciated.
BB, after photobucket screwed the pooch, we all had to find another photo hosting site. Many, including me are using imgur.com....its FREE and extremely easy to use. Just register/create an account on Imgur.com and upload your photos to Imgur.

Once you've created an account, look in the upper left corner of the screen for the 'green' box 'New Post'.....click it....a new window opens up. Click 'browse'. Another window opens up....now browse on your PC to the folder containing your pictures, select a picture and click 'open'. The picture will be uploaded from your PC to Imgur.

Next, look in the upper, very top, toward the right and you'll see your name. Hover the mouse over your name and a dropdown box drops down. Click on 'images'....you newly uploaded images will be displayed. Click on the image you want to upload and it'll open up in a new window with a list of 'links' on the right side. Scroll down the list until you find 'BBCode (message boards & forums)'....click the 'copy' button next to that link. Now go back to the Walther forum and 'paste' that link at the bottom/end of your post.....the picture will show up in your post.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/walther-forum-announcements/82385-photobucket-no-longer-viable-image-hosting-site-6.html (post 55)

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/general-discussion/101785-5th-annual-walther-forum-greet-shoot-4.html (post 33)

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Some friendly suggestions, since you are new to the WF. Make sure that you don’t waste everone’s time, or your’s; read the instructions and post in the appropriate sales forum, specify a price and conditions for sale and shipping, and include plenty of high-quality photos. Too many people post incomplete or dubious ads that end up aggravating prospective buyers. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Details, price, condition, clear pics, terms of sale/payment, location for face to face deal/item inspection. All are required to show the forum it's a legit seller.

Too many here on Walther Forums have been scammed chasing unicorns.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What a gorgeous amazing example of a P5! You made a great investment on a beautiful gun - and nice grouping out of that as well, she is a sweet shooter! When my next wave of purchases dies down I am going to look for some prime examples of some of the legacy Ulm firearms, sure they might not be as cheap as a CCP M2, but whats the old saying, buy once cry once...

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well, in 12 hrs I'll know if I have a 2nd P5, the '81 Var3 NOS P5 from CDNN (their last one).

I've been high bidder for all but 10mins of the last week, only one bid after I pushed it to over 1k.

I would expect some bidding today, the views went from 600 to 1500 in under 24hrs.

Still intend on getting the Austin NIB Var4 ('83 prod), road trip.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Well, in 12 hrs I'll know if I have a 2nd P5, the '81 Var3 NOS P5 from CDNN (their last one).

[snip]

I would expect some bidding today, the views went from 600 to 1500 in under 24hrs.
CDNN is getting more than top dollar for many of their listings. Why, I don’t know, although they do a good job of photography and hyping each item. NOS does deserve a premium, but the TPH, PP Super, and P5 all sold for significantly more than equivalent guns have in the last six or so months. People sometimes get caught up in bidding and end up paying way too much, IMO. Then again, not everybody worries about overpaying; everything is relative ;)

Regarding P5s, there are several nice ones on GB right now that can be had at (modern) market prices. There is, curiously, also an unusual number of P88 Compacts available.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
CDNN is getting more than top dollar for many of their listings. Why, I don’t know, although they do a good job of photography and hyping each item. NOS does deserve a premium, but the TPH, PP Super, and P5 all sold for significantly more than equivalent guns have in the last six or so months. People sometimes get caught up in bidding and end up paying way too much, IMO. Then again, not everybody worries about overpaying; everything is relative ;)

Regarding P5s, there are several nice ones on GB right now that can be had at (modern) market prices. There is, curiously, also an unusual number of P88 Compacts available.

Part of what drives the CDNN premium is the A+ rating, 3 day review of item, free return shipping, no restocking fee......

I dropped out @ $1150 last night, include tax/shipping/FFL fee put my "all in" # just below $1300. One dollar above that amount would be for a personally inspected P5, in 100% condition (not having finish wear from transporting in box with gun un-bagged, or barrel wear from dry hand cycling, or mag wear from insertion/ejection.

As I'm sure you are well aware most +30 yr old NIB/NOS firearms are around 93% to 95%.

Heck, some firearms don't leave the factory in 100% condition.

I see one P5s with buy now prices on GB ($1000, used and dinged up). We have to see where the other P5s go.

21 - 40 of 309 Posts