Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought 2 PPQ M1's in 40 S&W with the thought that someone would make a 357 Sig barrel for them. Bar-Sto did a long time ago, but I could not find anything. Then I found out that Jarvis is making a 9mm conversion barrel for a 40 PPq in different configurations. I got one threaded and one extended and had Mag-na-port port the extension. Then I rented a 357 Sig chamber reamer from 4D Rentals and chambered both barrels. The rental was $40.

Both barrels work perfectly with no malfuctions and they are faster than my KKM barrels for Glock. I had shot a very high pressure round through to Proof and everything is working perfectly. I had Jarvis fit the threaded barrel to the slide and it is very accurate. The other one is very accurate also.

It may not be the way that you want to go, but it has been an answer to a dream I have had for several years. The finish on the barrels is beautiful. It also works with the M2 and the P99 in 40 and the 40 with a 5" barrel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interested your verbals are a little over my head but I did see 357 sig for ppq correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, you hve to rechamber a 9mm to a 357 Sig. It is very easy and not that expensive. And it is only for the Jarvis 9mm conversion barrel for the 40 S&W guns.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You must have a 40 for this to work. Jarvis makes a 9mm conversion barrel for the 40 PPQ. That is the barrel that you must rechamber.

Also, I have not chronographed the extended barrel, but the 4" threaded barrel goes over 1,470fps with Federal 357 sig HST's 125gr.

I would not expect Walther to endorse this, so you may be on you own with regard to warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just search "Jarvis gun barrels". I cannot tell you what he will say. I tried to talk him into just making 357sig barrels,because he is almost there. He said they are not reliable, but after 500 round without a failure, I do not know what to say. The barrel steel is strong enough.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just search "Jarvis gun barrels". I cannot tell you what he will say. I tried to talk him into just making 357sig barrels,because he is almost there. He said they are not reliable, but after 500 round without a failure, I do not know what to say. The barrel steel is strong enough.
Ok cool, how do you rechamber the 9mm. I know what you wrote but I'm a dummy when it comes to this stuff. And thx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does the mags fit the 357sig correctly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First just use the 40 S&W magazines, they work perfetly. If you have never chambered, I would find a gunsmith would will do it. Then rent the reamer and take it to him. I am a gunsmith and the reamer has a floating pilot. which centers it in the 9mm barrel. There are hand reamers that 4D rents and you apply pressure while you turn the reamer clockwise using cutting fluid. Take the reamer out and clean off the chips frequesntly. Be careful when you get to the end, there is no stop. the head of the cartridge is just below the hood end, and I mean just below. Go too far and you can ruin a barrel, not go far enough and it will jam. I did not have guages, but go with how the 40 fits in the factory barrel. Go a little short and see how it chambers. You cannot put metal back on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
First just use the 40 S&W magazines, they work perfetly. If you have never chambered, I would find a gunsmith would will do it. Then rent the reamer and take it to him. I am a gunsmith and the reamer has a floating pilot. which centers it in the 9mm barrel. There are hand reamers that 4D rents and you apply pressure while you turn the reamer clockwise using cutting fluid. Take the reamer out and clean off the chips frequesntly. Be careful when you get to the end, there is no stop. the head of the cartridge is just below the hood end, and I mean just below. Go too far and you can ruin a barrel, not go far enough and it will jam. I did not have guages, but go with how the 40 fits in the factory barrel. Go a little short and see how it chambers. You cannot put metal back on.
How about I send you the barrel and you charge me to do it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts