Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 68 PPK, despite the videos of how to disassemble by resting the lowered trigger guard on the frame and then doing what's natural, won't work that way. The trigger-guard will NOT be pushed to one aside to stay there while you rack the slide back and up. So I don't do it. I pull the trigger guard down, place a block underneath the mechanism, (a chopstick) and happily do my thing.

Is this common for post-war pistols? Or prewar pistols, for that matter. I see the modern videos which promote resting the trigger guard on the side of the action, but mine won't do this. Neither will my PPK/S from 1983, although I think it used to....been a long time since I shot it/cleaned it with a chopstick.

So? what is proper?

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
I pull the trigger guard down, place a block underneath the mechanism, (a chopstick) and happily do my thing.
That is a pretty common procecdure for many of us as pulling the trigger guard down and to the side as the manual suggests will eventually mar the frame.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I fold a small piece of cardboard in half to hold the trigger guard open. You can even fold a piece of paper a few times. Doesn’t have to be too thick.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
I used to use an old plastic knife, now I use a poker chip. It doesn't mar the frame and the circular shape is very convenient.

And if I have to play cards I have a chip and something to prevent cheating as well... :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have to admit I'm a bit confused by the wedging talk.

With the new one it doesn't wiggle enough to stick to the side, which I personally like.

I just hold it normally, but put the trigger finger in the guard rather than trigger, pull back and down, then rack the slide but up and it comes off. The force comes from pushing with the shooting hand, not pulling with the other.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to admit I'm a bit confused by the wedging talk.

With the new one it doesn't wiggle enough to stick to the side, which I personally like.

I just hold it normally, but put the trigger finger in the guard rather than trigger, pull back and down, then rack the slide but up and it comes off. The force comes from pushing with the shooting hand, not pulling with the other.

I don't have enough power in my finger to do this, because the trigger guard is too strong for me to hold down. So I use a chopstick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts