Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any fiber optic sight sets available for the P-99?

All I could find was a front sight only from Hi-Viz.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
JakeStarr has some on his P99... and another member that I forgot the name of....
do a search on the forum... there has been some pics posted of them too.....
FWIW here is a set for the P99.... not sure though if they can be bought cheaper

http://kiei.biz/inc/sdetail/570

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have a hi viz green front sight on a P22 and supposedly they will also fit the P99 but no rear sight. Honestly I don't care for the hi viz green.

But I do have a set of red fiber optic, front and rear, on my P99 that I use in competition and I REALLY like these a lot. If you want green my advice would be a set of Mep night sights. But if you want fiber optic go with the red made by Walther.

Get 'em from Kiel.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fibre Optic Front Sight

I installed a factory fibre optic front sight on my P99 this weekend. The installation was a little tricky, because the sight isn't held in place with an allen-wrench threaded screw. It's screwed in with a small nut and washer, and there's very little space in the slide to work with. Used a drop of loctite on the screw and then a pair of tweasers to screw it down. Put two magazines through the pistol yesterday and the sight seems well attached.

I actually like the green front sight. It's very easy to pick it up, especially for someone who needs reading glasses like I do.

What tool(s) have others used to install the fibre optic front sight?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I think others have used a standard Glock "sight wrench" to attach the sights.... not sure if that is the same size than on your Fiberoptic sight though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts