Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find a set of fiber optic sights? Walther America lists them on their site (front sight only) but they are on back order until the middle of next month. I'd like to get them a bit sooner than that...
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
263 Posts
P99Freak,
You're only ignorant if you never ask the question you don't know the answer to.

I find fiber optic sights to be superior to standard white-dot sights in all lighted areas. Fiber optic tubes collect light and their ends appear fairly bright - definitely more contrast than the standard white dots.

In the dark though, they are just like any other standard sight - invisible.

I personally prefer the tritium night sights. I haven't gotten them on my P99 yet, but they came factory installed on my 3" 1911 .45. They are great because they work very well in the day, and they are superior to anything else at night. I feel that fiber optic sights still beat out tritium sights during the day, but the ability to shoot straight in the dark is a much more valuable benefit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks Ni3Frontier

I thought they might be a good compromise between a day sight and a night sight. But I guess i better get night sights if i ever upgrade and replace the metal ones.
saludos

Hector

·
Registered
27 Posts
i own a P-99 in .40sw,does anyone know of a reputable dealer where i can get tritium sights.also i have to adjust my rear sight slightly,is there a protective cover over the set screw i must remove to access set screw?it looks like it has a slot for a small screwdriver,is that how the adjustment is to be made?

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

·
Registered
24 Posts
There's no cover for the set screw... just use a small screwdriver and go. I think one click (1/4 turn) is equivalent to 1/16 of an inch at 25m.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already have a set of trijicons. I'm looking for a good sight for the range... I'm going to give these a go. I placed an order the other day...

·
Registered
27 Posts
thnx,im gonna try az gn rnnrs.
thnx for the advice on the rear sight too.all the pics i saw looked like there was a set screw.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." aliantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts