Walther Forums banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
So is this 'PPX only problem' or are we just waiting for the Creeds to start streaming back to Walther USA?
According to the gentleman to whom I spoke in Ft Worth (Ed. I meant Ft Smith), the Creed has the same barrel design if not the same identical barrel. But I still am not certain myself how common this loose feed ramp is, nor am I certain a certain amount of looseness causes problems. Of course, I'd never carry ANYTHING that I was not 100% comfortable carrying. For a range only gun I am not concerned, and Walther does seem to fix what's theirs.

LATER: I sold both my PPX examples. I'd returned the 9mm to Ft Smith due to a loose feedramp, it was repaired<replaced>/returned quickly. All under warranty. The new barrel was identical to the old, although not loose. I never had any feedlng or other problems with my 9mm or 4 s&w PPXs. However, I sold both from my Walther collection only to finance the purchase of the same caliber pistol in the PPQ line up. I still think the PPX (and Creed) are find pistols for a collection or range use....but I'd hesitate to recommend them for SD.

·
Registered
244 Posts
For a range only gun I am not concerned....
I thought about keeping it as "Range Only" for guests because it is a good shooter that novices shoot very well, but the safe was full of my wife's guns and didn't have room for my plastic 9mm that couldn't be trusted for self-defense duty.

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
159 Posts
...the safe was full of my wife's guns and didn't have room for my plastic 9mm that couldn't be trusted for self-defense duty.

Good luck with yours.
Over crowding in the gun safe is always a consideration....or maybe a convenient excuse to sell/trade and get another pistol! :D

101 - 103 of 103 Posts