Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their feed ramp come loose? I just took my new ppx out to the range today, shot about 50 rounds and the gun shot great! I love it! But when I took it down to clean it I noticed that the feed ramp moves back and forth and up and down.....

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Contact Walther and send it in for warranty repair. I have almost a 1000rds through mine and the feed ramp is still G2G...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I think you should talk to someone else.

My feed ramp is not loose at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so contacted Walther by phone and with no hassle whatsoever they sent me a return shipping label and are going to fix or replace my barrel for free. So far a good customer service experience, I'm not sure what was up with the guy that emailed me saying it was supposed to be loose?! Maybe just a miscommunication through email? Idk...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice to know they are good about warranty work. My ppx is brand new in the box and the feed ramp is rock solid. The steep angle is strange to me but it looks like it's been polished at the factory. The feed ramp is almost frictionless!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just finished cleaning my 9mm PPX. Lose feed ramp. Very loose. So I'll be contacting Walther. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I contacted Walther by phone and they had me send my barrel in to be looked at. Called them about a week later and was told I had a defective barrel so they sent me a new one fully covered by warranty. Hoping it warms up this weekend so I can do some shooting and try out the new barrel!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes indeed, glad Walther is standing behind our PPXs. I'll call on Monday and hope for the same treatment. Looking at how loose my feed ramp is, I'm surprised we haven't seen this as a more widespread problem. Let's hope we don't.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I found some additional posts regarding loose feed ramps:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppx/39715-ppx-durability-2.html

bought the PPX in Dec 2013, averaging around 500 rounds a month. Last Sept, figure 4.5k rounds, the shiny feed ramp became loose. Sent the barrel to Ft Smith and they sent back a new one.
Relearned another truth: 2 is 1 and 1 is none. Am in the market for a 2nd pistol.
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppx/41806-walther-s-newest-model-pos-40s-w.html

......Since I got it back after the latest repair I've shot about 500 rounds through it in practices and another match. All seemed good with the slide lock, but as I was cleaning the gun today I noticed that now the feed ramp was loose. ...
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppx/44079-college-football-my-ppx-2.html

The second thing is the feed ramp moves, very odd.....

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
This has to be a first: a Walther model in which the feed ramp comes loose.

Oh well. It is, after all, "entry level". And the price is right, yes?

M

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
It's a three piece barrel. I'm not surprised that this could happen. I haven't had one of mine do that in closing on three years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is good to know - I haven't had any issues with either of my M1's...but definitely something for me to keep an eye on

·
Registered
58 Posts
I really hate hearing this. I think we are going to see more and more of this problem.

Good news is: I called Walther last Monday and stated the problem. Within 5 minutes I received and printed the return shipping label for my barrel. Shipped Monday - they received Friday. I'll keep you all posted on the turn-around time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just shot my new one today (got it in early December but this was my first chance to shoot it). Now I need to go check the feed ramp!

Well, sure enough boys and girls, my feed ramp can be forced back and forth (side to side) a few thousandths of an inch.

I can see why they made it muti-piece, it has a mirror finish that would be hard to accomplish on a one piece barrel. Still, it seems rather odd. I shall call the company.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts