Walther Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If you get your plate you're fine. But did you all get this email last week about Q4 and Q5 models that can't request a free plate, even though they use the same plate system?

"
Optic Plates for Q4 and Q5 Models can only be requested on new models with Item Numbers starting with 284****
"

2.0 is the future. So I think 1.0 owners aren't going to be happy finding new plates later given Walther updated in less than a year and there is no SKU information just a random "1.0" vs "2.0" that actually isn't marked anywhere on the box or pistol but in the hearts and minds of a few people here that know the serial numbers that are "safe."

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
219 Posts
If you get your plate you're fine. But did you all get this email last week about Q4 and Q5 models that can't request a free plate, even though they use the same plate system?

"
Optic Plates for Q4 and Q5 Models can only be requested on new models with Item Numbers starting with 284****
"

2.0 is the future. So I think 1.0 owners aren't going to be happy finding new plates later given Walther updated in less than a year and there is no SKU information just a random "1.0" vs "2.0" that actually isn't marked anywhere on the box or pistol but in the hearts and minds of a few people here that know the serial numbers that are "safe."
The serial number info. that I posted on how to differentiate between Gen 1 and Gen 2 PDPs came directly from Walther’s website.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The 1.0 version are just fine. There is plenty of evidence online plus my own experience of one handed racking off the sight to know there isn't an issue. Is the updated version nice to have? Sure but I am not at all upset about version 1.0 and I got mine in January of this year.

As for the pdp f slides being slightly different. They are. The tops are slightly rounded over more. It's brought up in some videos and and checked the other day when I went to range. I have a full size 4" and looked at the 4" f series.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
219 Posts

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
If it helps, the Pro models on Walther's website also look more rounded. It looks to be lighting though on both the Pro and F series being "smoother"
(Obviously) that’s more than good enough for me. :)
I got my F-Series back from the gunsmith tonight.

In comparing it closely with a Gen 1 5" slide, the slide serrations are a bit more rounded on the F-Series.

The top of the slides look the same, but again, the slide serrations look more rounded as opposed to more angular on the Gen 1 slide.

The rounded edges may be more gentle on your fingers as opposed to the more angular serrations.

Sorry if I steered anyone wrong on this. The changes are subtle but do exist.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I think we gotta see pics. Walther doesn't advertise a difference and the Walther factory pics are pretty clearly using different lighting.

Not questioning you, but you're on to something even Walther isn't saying exists.

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
I think we gotta see pics. Walther doesn't advertise a difference and the Walther factory pics are pretty clearly using different lighting.

Not questioning you, but you're on to something even Walther isn't saying exists.
Ok. I might be the world's worst photographer but if I get some time later, I'll try for a few pics.

The difference between them is not radical. The slide serrations on one are squared off/angular and on the F-Series gun they are beveled/rounded.

The reason for the change is not apparent. I suppose the beveled edges on the F-Series are more comfortable and less likely to abrade skin?

It does not appear to be an attempt to downsize the slide.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts