Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a great Bianchi Scorpio leather shoulder holster system that's a horizontal. Excellent but I was looking for something a little bit more slim and vertical. Any suggestions? I don't need the extra magazine holder on the other side. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Without a doubt, the Alessi Bodyguard. Not vertical, but a simple pull thru snap (snap secures the front of the trigger guard.) Fast, simple, accessible, comfortable, and secure. I used to have one for the PPK, but sold it with the gun. I now carry a Colt 1911 in one, and it is still comfortable, just not as much as the PPK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
+1 Kirkpatrick. I have one, BUT.....if you get black make sure you treat the leather first...stained a white dress shirt something awful! But it did come out with some SHOUT

·
Registered
73 Posts
i carry a ppks off duty in a remora iwb holster. the outside of the holster is a rubbery type material that keeps it from slipping. and you dont need a belt for it. just slip it inside the pants and the friction/pressure against your body will keep it from moving around

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been using the modern interpretation of the Galco Jack Ass, but have recently been reconsidering the horizontal shoulder holster concept.
On a vertical design, there are some "interesting" retention designs that don't seem to encourage a quick draw.
I have a couple of old clamshell style rigs with a spring for retention, and they actually work pretty well.
Check out the Andrews Springbreak.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I thought shoulder holsters were outdated due to safety concerns about muzzle sweep? Do plain clothes police or FBI even use them anymore? I thought everyone went to a side holster. I’d think having the firearm on your side would enable you to get the gun out and on target quicker than the shoulder draw. 🏻I don’t carry so my mileage will vary substantially.😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts