Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a brand of holster for the P99? I am looking for a concealment holster but want to stay away from the plastic (Fobus) kind. I have heard that they tend to scratch and mark up the gun. Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Shannon,
I use a Comp-Tac CTAC holster. It is a kydex holster but I have not had any scratching or marking of my P99. There is some light polish on the trigger guard from the area where the holster retains the weapon, but it is a very small area and not very noticeable.
I would be more concerned with how well the holster protects your handgun from dust, lint, and especially perspiration. These things can have an effect that is more than cosmetic.
As far as my CTAC goes, I love it. I have one for my 1911 .45 Micro Compact as well. Both are very comfortable and they are fully adjustable for both height and cant. You can also adjust the retention strength.

Comp Tac

-Yoshi

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Blade-Tech IWB that I like very much, but I have noticed some finish wear on the right side of the slide just to the front of the ejection port. I also have a Graham's custom Leather "Falcon" which is also very nice. Of course the leather holster is not as slim as the Kydex. I believe I paid $65 for the Blade-Tech and $49 for the Falcon and a mag carrier.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I purchased for my P99 a very nice leather high ride concealment holster as well as a shoulder rig from Ted Blocker. His web site is www.tedblocker.com and highly recommend their holsters. I also have a Don Hume holster but it is not nearly as comfortable as the Ted Blocker.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have found that any holster made for a Glock 17 will work with the p99. I have a UCR threat solutions and an alessi talon IWB, both hold the p99 like it was mad for it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll second the vote for a C-TAC. I just got mine and I'm amazed at how comfortable it is, plus, as Ni3Frontier mentioned, it's highly adjustable.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Galco makes some quality stuff. Take a look at their website. I use the "Fletch" which is OWB.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a FIST cross-draw holster for my P99 that is excellent. I also like Brigade Gunleather's products, but it takes between 4 - 5 months to get a holster from them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stevehf48 @ July 14 2004,9:08)]How much does that C-Tac go for?
by the way Gort - ClaTu Barada Nikto !!
I ordered the C-TAC directly from the comptac website. It was $76 with shipping, and I had it in about a week. They have options for the belt clips, which were something like $11 more.

I like it so much, I'm going to order one for my other pistol.

Clatu Baraga Nikto your own bad self!
I love corny old sci fi movies.

·
Registered
91 Posts
DeSantis Cozy Partner IWB.  It's leather and it's really comfy.  I haven't used the SideArmor in 6 months.  Those plastic holsters just don't offer the comfort of leather.

I also own a Galco Concealable and F.L.E.T.C.H. OWB that are very nice, but I am more comfortable with IWB carry.  I also have quality holsters from Milt Sparks and Bianchi.

I bought a Gould & Goodrich and I don't like it at all.  Build quality and comfort is not as good as the others I have mentioned.

If you think people are choosy about their firearm selections, it's not nearly as subjective as one's preference of gunleather.  It's a very personal choice based on your mental and physical comfort levels.  You will likely end up with a box of holsters that you've tried and didn't like.  Hey, that reminds me, do you wanna' buy a barely used Gould & Goodrich holster?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts