Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ,took my son with me to shoot he is 20 years old. just started showing intrest in shooting. he was a little tense and about 3 times he made the gun shoot like a fully auto a very very fast 2 rounds. i tried and could not do it and i shot 300 rounds. can someone explain this to me i mean these 2 rounds seem like they came out about the same time and it happend 3 differnt times. thank for any info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[b said:
Quote[/b] (eggie @ Nov. 07 2005,19:08)]hi ,took my son with me to shoot he is 20 years old. just started showing intrest in shooting. he was a little tense and about 3 times he made the gun shoot like a fully auto a very very fast 2 rounds. i tried and could not do it and i shot 300 rounds. can someone explain this to me i mean these 2 rounds seem like they came out about the same time and it happend 3 differnt times. thank for any info.
i forgot i have a p99 as trigger

·
Registered
232 Posts
hehe... it's called bump firing. I do it with my AK all the time on purpose. There's a sweet spot where recoil and muscle memory work out just right to reset and pull the trigger with no further concious thought from you. He just happened to find that sweet spot on the AS. The QA and the 990 don't really have that problem because the trigger reset is all the way out.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The double tap is probably due to your son's reaction to the gun going off.....so instead of jumping when being startled a shooter will squeeze his hand as a part of a startle reaction.

You can prevent this by having your son only use the finger tip or first pad of his trigger finger to shoot the gun. I would bet that he is squeezing the trigger with a large portion of his finger through the trigger gaurd. So when he reacts to the gun discharge.......his squeezing the gun's grip includes his trigger finger and the gun goes off again.

Hope this helps................ let us know

JF

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you take your non dominate hand and grip real hard it will allow you to pull the trigger faster. This will allow you to relax your dominate hand and pull that trigger harder.

Also dry fire the gun by racking the slide. As you slowly release the trigger you will feel/here the click. Thats the point where you can pull again. Learn that and you will sound like a machinegun. If you practice hard enough you can easily do 7-10 yard grapfruit paterns on your target.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts