Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a set of Farrar rubber grips for my Walther PPK/S, I went with the Fancy checkered wooden Hogues as I wasn't able to find any Rubber Grips eccept for the Pachmayr
Well anyhow I saw a set of Farrar for the PP-PPK/S at Numbrich/E-GunParts for Auction on Ebay, New In The Box..
This Grip is a Slip-On style that covers the front & backstrap
This might be my answer to having the front & backstraps stippled or checkered, I wonder If they are thick in the rear if the chance of hammer bite will be increased..
Hope they will stretch a bit to fit the S&W PPK/S if not I'll sell them & go with the wood I have, There prettier anyway..
Farrar used to make the factory Beretta Rubber grips before Hogue started making them for Beretta..
Farrar Grip on EBAY Walther PPK/S
anchormold if your a member here & I can't use them you'll be first in line to get them, PM Me @ [email protected]

·
Registered
713 Posts
I will not use rubber on my carry guns. If you pocket carry really slows down draw. IWB Ive experiance clinging to shirt and printing.That why the Bufflo horn grips or ivory on my PPK/S and smooth Rosewood on my 38 snub.
Chuck Taylor also proved if you need to shift you grip because draw wasn't perfect it was harder and slower with the rubber. Rubber fine if your fireing a 1000 rounds at the range But I don't want on carry. Thats my 02.:p

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realy like the Wood Hogues but wanted to try the Farrar
we'll See!!
Thanks again for the tips..
All of my carry guns have wood or plastic grips..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got Those RARE Discontinued Farrar Grips for the Walther PPK/S Today!!
They are great, They fill the hand & cover the front & backstrap, I'll have to give em a range try & see..
I realy like the way they feel + Farrar's Rubber isn't tacky a doesn't snag on clothing like softer rubber grips do!
These might be the best I've seen yet!!
They don't look as good as the Wooden Hogue but they are realy Nice!!
Here's a Few pics I took...

These Grips ROCK!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts