Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! I purchased a very good condition Walther PP made in 1972 via Simpson LTD last week. Got the gun in, and am enjoying it so far. However, I did notice an oddity. The grips are what I presume to be rather fake grips. They are spelled "Waltheb", and are made of aluminum. They are quite weighty, seeming to be about 4 to 4.5 ounces each.

I tried doing some googling around to see if I could find any others with these grips, but alas, I cannot. Anyone have any input here?

Thanks in advance!
Grey Gas Wood Gun accessory Gun barrel

Automotive tire Grey Font Electric blue Pattern

·
Registered
410 Posts
Your PP was a service pistol of the police of a German federal state, recognizable by the crossed oval on the left side of the frame behind the trigger guard. However, even when enlarged, the photo is too blurred to see the letters in the oval and thus determine the state precisely.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Indeed, I’d discuss this with Simpson just to make them feel bad about not catching this (if there was indeed nothing in the description); maybe they’ll give you a discount ;)

But don’t send them back. That’s a pretty cute and unique fake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the input! I've contacted Simpson about the grips, to see if they have any idea about them. For reference, here was the URL for the listing of the gun: WALTHER MODEL PP - Z51152.

I don't plan on sending the gun or the grips back, I'd just like to find out where this gun got the grips! They actually seem fairly well made, aside from "Waltheb" on them. I've already ordered proper polymer grips for the gun too, as it feels akin to a boat anchor with these metal ones on.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yep, from the description Simpson completely missed the issue with the “excellent grips” :)

It’s excusable to miss this visually with just photos, but handling the gun, it should have been obvious, especially if they are metal, considering how many PPs Simpson usually handles.

·
Registered
1989 Walther P.88 9mm Pistol.
1,356 Posts
No don't put Polymer Grips on it! Get the correct Black Plastic Walther Grips for it. Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts