Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before, and I did search the web, but some of the posts are old.
In this day and age, what would be a fair price to pay for an Interarms, German-made PP/K in .380 with one mag, in average condition, no box or papers? A guy may want to sell me his, but neither of us has a good idea of what a fair price is.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Is it a PPK or a PPK/S? I assume reference to Interarms simply means that they were the importer, correct? Finally, what year was it proofed?

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding. It's a PPK, imported by Interarms but "Made in W. Germany." He says the S/N is something 241673A on the frame and 241673 on the slide. He says he bought it in 1990 or so.

·
Registered
567 Posts
With prices the way they are now-a-days $500-600 would be a fair price. I gave up looking ‘cause that’s too much for me though.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Condition is everything with the imports. It can go as high as 800. I paid 650 for my 67 shooter but half of the finish was worn off from holster wear. Internals were great though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yikes, you guys just gave me sticker shock. At those prices, I will probably pass. Thanks for the input.

·
Super Moderator
7,363 Posts
What is the guy asking?

And what would you want with it?

The .380 PPK is not well regarded for its entertainment value, tho' they are a nifty pistol.
Moon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Halfmoon - Can you explain what you mean by "entertainment value." You mean for use as a range gun, because of the recoil?
As for price, he's doing his own research, so he hasn't come up with an asking price yet. I just wanted to be sure what he comes up with is reasonable.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Yep, Mr. Moon means that the .380 is quite snappy and not a lot of fun to shoot for pleasure. The platform was originally designed around .32, which is much more pleasant to shoot. The .380 is often considered the lower end of effective SD calibers, but nobody is offering to stand down range and be a target for .32, or .22 for that matter.

Price wise, the guesstimate of around $600 is probably right, but internal condition and wear is everything for a well used pistol. A clean equivalent with much or all of the original accoutrements such as box, paperwork, and second magazine might command double that. Alternatively, around $600 would get you a nice, clean USA-made Ranger/Interarms stainless steel PPK in .380. They are fine pistols that are true to the original design.

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
$500-$600 might be a fair price for a 380 Interarms imported PPK in fair condition with only one mag at an LGS although most folks would consider that the start of the haggling point.

A face to face deal between individuals having no overhead to factor in would necessarily be less. If it were in perfect working condition and I really wanted for my collection I'd go as high as $450.00

Remember any weapon is worth exactly what the seller is willing to part with it for and the buy will pay for it.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Estimating a value is not difficult if the condition is known; the problem is in determining what "average" condition means. If it's not indisputably LNIB, it's a purely subjective judgment that might vary, in the eyes of the beholder, by several hundred dollars.

As others have said, condition is the major variable. Without a hands-on examination or decent photos, trying to fix the value is like trying to pin the tail on a donkey.

M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts