Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright my 02-03 P99 9mm is haveing a failure to extract. I can think of two issues, the extractor, and maybe the recoil spring is burned out. Which could be a very possible reason. The extractor itself looks fine.

Any other ideas or just wait for the recoil spring to come in?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Does the recoil spring have anything to do with extraction? Maybe if it were too stiff?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same thing however, a frined of mine said his slide was going back to fast. He said he replaced that and didnt have a problem.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ammo has a great deal to do with extraction. Is the ammo new or reload? Brass, steel, or aluminium case? Are you having this problem with one or multiple brands of ammo? Are there unusual markings on the once fired and extracted cases?

Next, try disassembling the slide and examine the extractor for fractures, chipping, excessive wear, cleanliness, etc. What about the extractor spring; is it clean and not crushed? How many rounds have been fired?

Let us know if you have addressed all the above and we can suggest a few more areas.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Winchester standard ammo I have shot non stop. I havent taken the slide apart yet, because I am kind of scared of harming the pin. Didnt see any fractures or issues so it could very well be the spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts