Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long and short of it, empty case got caught in slide; did not eject.

Shot my magtech 92.6 grain hollow points. Never had an issue with them but again, it was an extraction issue after the shot.

Had two magazines: 15+1 was perfect. 17+1 failure occurred with 2 or 3 bullets; wife was shooting, I thought maybe limp wristed...then it happened to me 2 more times.

After that, I had zero failures with about 150 rounds ball point.

Lemme know whatcha think! Thanks.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Never had an issue with them but again, it was an extraction issue after the shot.
Please, do a search on the difference between a failure to extract, and a failure to eject malfunction.

Each type of malfunction will have a different set of causes, and before we know which it is, it would be impossible to diagnose the issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never had an issue with them but again, it was an extraction issue after the shot.
Please, do a search on the difference between a failure to extract, and a failure to eject malfunction.

Each type of malfunction will have a different set of causes, and before we know which it is, it would be impossible to diagnose the issue.
I described the issue I detail... I fired the gun, empty case did not fully eject.
Any ideas?

I described

·
Registered
137 Posts

I described the issue I detail... I fired the gun, empty case did not fully eject.
Any ideas?

I described
There is a detailed post working this issue, I think your particular issue is addressed there.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
There is a detailed post working this issue, I think your particular issue is addressed there.
I suggest you explain to the OP what the difference is between a failure to extract, and a failure to eject, as the OP mentioned both, and the two terms are not interchangeable. Then, explain the different reasons why pistols experience a failure to extract malfunction, and the different reasons why pistols experience a failure to eject malfunction, that way you can show why use of the correct term is so important as far as diagnosing issues.

Afterwards, you can put forth your theory as to the cause of the issue that the OP has detailed in his first post. I look forward to seeing how you address this issue.

Any ideas?

I described
As I mentioned to the other member in this thread, you mentioned both a failure to extract and a a failure to eject on the first post. It is impossible to tell which it is just from reading the first post, and I'd be wary of people who say that it is possible, but then don't provide an explanation for the issue themselves.

This quote above seems to now indicate that it is a failure to eject issue. There are many things that can cause this issue. How many rounds have you put through the pistol? Have you shot this ammunition before, without any issues? How long has it been since the pistol was cleaned and lubed?

·
Registered
34 Posts
What I have always found helpful when asking for help diagnosing gun issues is to photograph the end result of the malfunction. Sometimes a picture is worth a 1000 words.

If you haven’t had issues with any other brand ammo it could be as simple as ammo quality control issues. I would change to a different brand ammo and run the pistol for a while and see if you have any issues.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. (I think). I should have taken a pic...but it was very simple, there was a failure to eject, empty case. Got stuck in ejection port. I'm just going to fire more rounds w same ammo and think maybe that was it.

Range master suggested since bullet fired, that he doubted ammo. Thanks again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Sorry, wasn't at a keyboard, was an ejection issue definitively

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To elaborate...my wife fired, and the empty round didn't eject, got caught (stove pipe) so obviously the slide couldn't function. I cleared it, shot one more round, then got two more failures the same was with me so def no limp wrist.

Wondering if possible magazine...BUT I was able to fire 150 add'l rounds of ball ammo perfectly. I wasn't thinking and should have taken a pic.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
It should not be a magazine issue. It is not likely if the issue is a failure to eject. As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever heard of a single issue that could be pinpointed or traced back to the 9mm mags with either the P99 or PPQ in the 15+ years that I've been researching everything I could about these pistols. The mags for these pistols are very high quality.

A failure to eject malfunction can be caused by many different things. If you've put other rounds through the pistol, and they functioned fine, I would assume that it was an ammunition issue. I've never seen 92.6gr ammunition from MagTech for sale anywhere near me, so I have no experience with this grain of MagTech ammunition. I'd imagine that the ammunition may have been loaded soft, but that's strange being that hollow point ammunition usually tends to be loaded hotter than target rounds.

How many rounds have you fired through this pistol?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It should not be a magazine issue. It is not likely if the issue is a failure to eject. As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever heard of a single issue that could be pinpointed or traced back to the 9mm mags with either the P99 or PPQ in the 15+ years that I've been researching everything I could about these pistols. The mags for these pistols are very high quality.

A failure to eject malfunction can be caused by many different things. If you've put other rounds through the pistol, and they functioned fine, I would assume that it was an ammunition issue. I've never seen 92.6gr ammunition from MagTech for sale anywhere near me, so I have no experience with this grain of MagTech ammunition. I'd imagine that the ammunition may have been loaded soft, but that's strange being that hollow point ammunition usually tends to be loaded hotter than target rounds.

How many rounds have you fired through this pistol?
1000's of rounds. This was probably the most of the MagTech though that I've shot since I just purchased a bunch. It is the likely culprit as she's been so reliable. I think the range officer got in my head by saying...'not likely ammo since bullet fired'. It is strange though, I've never had issue with the ammo but usually only shoot a handful of rounds of it...but can't even recall last time I did with this firearm.

I have plenty...I'll be back in several days...thank you for the info...what is "soft"?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts