Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just joined this forum. I am a proud owner of a p99 9mm titanium slide pistol. So far I have shot approx. 500 rounds through it. I had one fail to fire problem. I think it was my fault but I want to ask you guys what you all think. I switched from double to single action by pulling back the slide. I aimed and then click, it failed to fire-- waited 30 sec. and then opened the chamber to release the cartridge. On inspection the primer hadn't been touched by the striker. I then fired the rest of the clip and maybe another 20 rounds with no problems to report after. This FTF happened within the last 50 rounds out of the 500 I have shot before. Gun looks fine and I couldn't replicate the problem while dry firing at home. Any suggestions to what may have happened? Gun is cleaned very well after each use. Could it be possible to partially cock the striker?

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is the remotest possibility that the slide didn't home all the way and was just enough to appear closed to you. I always look at the red indicator at the back of the slide when I recock. Did you use the suspect round in the mag later? and did it fire? The FTF will remain a mystery till you can duplicate it again. Regards Harry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I was able to fire the cartridge after so it was the gun striker not contacting with the primer. I probably didn't close the slide all the way, but I haven't been able to replicate the problem at home yet. I'll keep trying. I am 90% sure it was my fault. Thx for the reply.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Forgive me if this sounds dumb, but when I retract the slide to put it in single-action, the trigger ends up forward, then there's a slight "click" when you pull it back to the true single-action position, then another "click" when you pull it to release the striker. Did you pull it all the way through? Just an idle thought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might be right. I'll have to wait till it happens again until I will actually know if it was me or the gun. Ill try to do it dry firing but not sure if it will be an accurate presentation without having a live round in it. It feels like the striker releases no matter what I do while dry firing.

Thx for the suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts