Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I thas been a while since I have posted.

As I use my P99 around the housed holster, I have come to noticed--which I am sure has happened to many of you--that my front sight has gotten really banged up. I believe(haven't checked) that from factor I get another pair of sights. However, I was looking forward to purchasing another set of the standard sights that come from factory but I can't seem to find where I can get some. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you

·
Registered
361 Posts
If I remember correctly someone has said you can call S&W and order a set of sights. If you say it is for a Walther you will pay more ... if you say its for an SW99 you will pay less and they are the same sights. If you do a quick search I bet you could find that post. I remember seeing it over the last 3-4 months.

If you can't find it through S&W, I know I saw them listed on Midway under the same SW99 listing for sights.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I banged up my P99 front sight and called SW this morning. All they asked for was my address and said I would get a new set soon.

·
Registered
174 Posts
A German website http://www.germanguns.de sells various Walther parts, including adjustable metal sights (64 US Dollars). This will permanantly fix your problem without the high cost of night sights. The guy doesn't have instant checkout, so you have to give him your credit card number via phone or email, but he is trustworhty and reliable. I ordered one of his Mec-Gar 20 round magazines for the P99 and was very pleased with the transaction (dirt cheap compared to everyone else too!!!)

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Claus does take Paypal if you are worried about the non secure checkout on his website....
keep in mind that the metal sights are overall 1mm shorter than the polymer sights....and that the metal driftadjustable sights are not easy to put on the P99.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Call S&W back next week - they'll take care of you.

I have ordered extra sites a time or two. I now have a few extras of each of them.

I seem to have a penchant for dropping the damn thing, and I've damaged the sights more than once.

What is nice is that the sights never come off - they stay on. But, the corners get banged up easily. I'd send you an extra #4, but I really need my extras.

Also, I used to keep my P99 in my gunvault for a while, and I sometimes banged the front sight up when taking it in and out. Another reason to keep some extras.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts