Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Shorter will raise the POI, that should be the #3.

Mine came with the #4, I use a "dead on hold" and it works quite well. I tried the number 5 sight, but it only confused things ... the #4 works best for me.

·
Registered
910 Posts
#4 is the default front sight when the gun leaves the factory. Most folks find it just fine.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yep, mine was just fine with the #4. I assume the Earl's night sights are a #4 in front also.
Don't know about Earl's (night sights) Og but they sure hit what I'm aimin' at. :) I think you were the one that steered me to the Earl's after a lot of required elbow grease with the Mepros. I owe you one. They're the best especially for a tool challenged idiot like me. I now have them on my 40 compact and new f/s 9. Worth every Euro.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Don't know about Earl's (night sights) Og but they sure hit what I'm aimin' at. :) I think you were the one that steered me to the Earl's after a lot of required elbow grease with the Mepros. I owe you one. They're the best especially for a tool challenged idiot like me. I now have them on my 40 compact and new f/s 9. Worth every Euro.
No problem! They work great for me too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I got my first P99, it shot very low for me. I even went as far as to file some off the top of the shortest sight to make "it" shoot where it was supposed to. Well, after shooting the gun for awhile, I noticed I was shooting high and I had to keep installing taller front sights to bring "it" back down. A year and a half later, I'm using the factory installed #4 sight and "it" shoots exactly where I look. I guess "it" was really "me" all along!:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Factory installs # 4.....
the metal factory sights and the plastic factory sights are not the same highth for the #'s though.... the metal sights are slightly lower for each # than the same #'ed plastic sights from Walther

My plastic #4 measures 4.8 mm
My metal #4 measures 3.8 mm

same applies to the rear... however I don't recall the measurements of the rear and have non off right now to measure

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spoke with S&W this morning. They are sending me the complete set at no charge! Man I love their service.

As far as it being me just shooting low, that crossed my mind. However, I let another fella at the range try it and it was low for him too. Maybe it's the ammo, maybe it's just the sights, either way, it will be nice to have the different sights to find out for sure.

Later,
Chrome...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts