Walther Forums banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
This may be a stupid ? but after you install the new sites do you have resight in the walther ppq
Not a stupid question at all...yes, you may (and likely will) need to do a bit of adjusting but eyeballing the rear sight to the center of the slide should get you fairly close. You can also measure.

·
Premium Member
13,614 Posts
That's right....what olsoul said. I've installed plenty of sights.....just do your best to eyeball the rear sight, centering it on the slide. Go to the range and shoot a group.....for example, if your grouping to the left, you'll need to move the rear sight to the right. Remember this...the rear sight adjustment screw is reverse thread, so to move the rear sight to the right, you'll need to turn the screw counter clockwise.

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
That's right....what olsoul said. I've installed plenty of sights.....just do your best to eyeball the rear sight, centering it on the slide. Go to the range and shoot a group.....for example, if your grouping to the left, you'll need to move the rear sight to the right. Remember this...the rear sight adjustment screw is reverse thread, so to move the rear sight to the right, you'll need to turn the screw counter clockwise.
Unless your rear sight is push adjustable....:D in which case you will need your sight pusher to make the adjustments.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys,
I just wanted to say "Thanks" to all of you who posted the instructions for the site replacements. I followed your directions and completed it. Thats what forums are for, helping fellow enthusiasts!:)

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
The money for the P500 was well spent and I lend it to others frequently....lol, I've found I make out better by not charging....boxes of ammo, targets and various tools often get donated as a way of saying thanks...:D

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I did another factory night sight installation on my new 2014 PPQ...
Used the same procedure and got the same results!

Reactions: pani

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys, Im finally getting my new roll pin for my metal rear site.
Does anyone know how to replace this part on the site?

·
Premium Member
13,614 Posts
I shoulda said start reading at post no 1....sorry. Olsoul does a nice review of the installation of the drift adjustable sights in post 21. You'll need to either use a vise and a nylon tipped punch or purchase a sight pusher as Olsoul did. I'm thinking you might just want to take the roll pin and the pistol to a gunsmith and let them do it.

But wait.....why did you order the toothed roll pin? Does your rear sight not have the roll pin installed? If so, how'd that happen? What's goin' on here?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I posted here a while back that my metal rear sight is drifting to the right when shooting. After a 100 plus rounds you can clearly notice it.
I was told to replace the roll pin as it might be worn.

·
Premium Member
13,614 Posts
OK, I see.....hmmmmmmm <scratchin' my bald, pointed head>. Can you post a few pictures of your rear sight....left and right side views?

Disregard....I went back thru the thread and found your pictures. Your original saw toothed roll pin seems to be flattened or filed flat or something....kinda hard to tell without seeing the real thing. Getting the what seems to be deformed (squashed) roll pin out of there....hmmmmm....that might just be a little tricky....you might want to take it to a gunsmith....let him replace the roll pin and install the rear sight. I think that'd be money well spent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After going to the gun shop on sat i decided to take on this job on myself.
The gunsmiths apprentice was only available and he didn't even know how to take the rear sight off.

I took 2 pieces of pine and clamped the rear sight in between it on a vice with the bottom of the sight facing up.
Then i took a small drill bit (2mm i think) and inserted it through the serrated roll pin from the side and just wedged it upwards forcing the roll pin out of the sight, it came out pretty easy although the drill bit bent a little.

To fit in the new serrated roll pin i just squeezed it into place in a vice in between the soft pine wedges and it seated in perfectly.

After tapping in the rear sight i could feel that it is going in much tighter then before so i hope my problem is solved.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to help me sort out my problem.

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Good news Raw....did you use a sight pusher to drift in the sights or did you tap them in?
This type of info really helps everyone who want to attempt this type of job on their own.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did another factory night sight installation on my new 2014 PPQ...
Used the same procedure and got the same results!
You've got some mad skills with the pics. Where did you find that exploded parts page I saw on one of the pics?

I'm not even going to ask about the swastika lanyard on the holster:eek:...but anyone who drives a BMW motorcycle and car can't be all bad:D

101 - 120 of 147 Posts