Walther Forums banner

61 - 80 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
If you've ever lost a front sight or almost lost one you'd know why a drop of blue loctite is a wise idea...:D

It won't hurt anything and is an added measure of insurance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Curious if the loctite is necessary, I've seen other installs and they didn't mention it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
It's necessary. I didn't have it on mine and it came loose after 50 rounds. I am lucky it didn't fall off or it would have been gone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
Curious if the loctite is necessary, I've seen other installs and they didn't mention it.

Refer to post #56, and the picture from the manual. Even Walther advises to use loctite on the threads of the front sight. I've read many post from guys that didn't use any loctite and then began whining about their front sight becoming lose or falling off.

It's elementary my friend......cheap insurance and alleviates the whining later on. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
After a few of you convinced me. ; ) I had to go to home depot and pick up some other stuff and got this. Now the wait begins... UPS where art thou.

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
Gordy, you got the right stuff (242). Now just remember, 'a little dab'll do ya'. Just squeeze out a tiny drop on the work bench (or what ever) dip a toothpick in there and use the toothpick to apply a tiny bit to the threads.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will also be replacing my beretta grips with hogue grips so I may need 2 tiny drops. Might as well put some on those screws. Post some pictures later today once I get both back together. Patiently cleaning and detailing both of them for 'surgery.'

·
Registered
44 Posts
As I realize the title is for the factory night sights I'll go ahead and create a thread for the Trijicons. The install is pretty much the reverse of removing the factory plastic ones off.

·
Registered
255 Posts
This thread has been quite helpful.

I'm still curious though if you guys think the soon-to-be-released Trijicon HD sights for the PPS will work on the PPQ, as I would prefer a fixed rear sight. Normally I would assume that if any PPS sights will work on the PPQ then they all should. HOWEVER, I'd hate to order a set and find out the hard way they won't work.

PPS HD sights

·
Registered
427 Posts
My front sight had a allen head according to the direction that came with my new sights its a 1.3 millimeter the new one use a flat head screw driver I ordered these straight from Walther factory

Do you have a link for the tools please?

·
Registered
427 Posts
ppq rear sight plunger assembly

I was taking off the rear sights to see how easy it was. I found out how easy it was to watch the plunger and spring go flying. Can some one give me a link so I can order new ones please?

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
Go get one of those magnets on a stick at Home Depot and go on a snipe hunt. Those little boogers gotta be around there somewhere. But if you need a replacement spring and plunger, then there are a few sources to try. 1) Walther Customer Service. 2) Earls Repair Service. 3) Smith & Wesson Customer Service, you'll need to ask for parts for a SW99. 4) Magnum Research, you'll need to ask for parts for an MR9.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Go get one of those magnets on a stick at Home Depot and go on a snipe hunt. Those little boogers gotta be around there somewhere. But if you need a replacement spring and plunger, then there are a few sources to try. 1) Walther Customer Service. 2) Earls Repair Service. 3) Smith & Wesson Customer Service, you'll need to ask for parts for a SW99. 4) Magnum Research, you'll need to ask for parts for an MR9.
Thank you for the site tip. As far as finding it went boing in my garage so it is in never never land:mad: I thought what the heck and took one last look and I was surprised I found it

·
Registered
5 Posts
These sights are a pain remove the old sight by pushing down the adjusting screw and push to left:) be careful of spring under adjusting screw. Then lay gun on right side down a towel so that you do not scratch your gun, kind of line up the sights in the slot an use a plastic hammer or brass with a cloth on it and pound it in, its a pain in the but. I lined up the arrow on the sight with the center line on slide and sights were still right on target. Good luck Edward

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Time to get my sight pusher out again.I'm planning on putting the PPS Trijicon HD sights on my P99c AS.....while I like the high profile of the trijis I presently have on the weapon, I just don't totally trust that screw on a carry weapon.

A quality sight pusher makes installation a snap!

61 - 80 of 147 Posts