·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I keep cheese dip in mine for my chip break at the range...:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Long story short I've got a ppq m2 and stumbled upon this looking for something else and was like why is everyone having a difficult time removing the rear sights? The m2 is just hold the plunger and slide out... and then I realized everyone has an 1st gen

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Long story short I've got a ppq m2 and stumbled upon this looking for something else and was like why is everyone having a difficult time removing the rear sights? The m2 is just hold the plunger and slide out... and then I realized everyone has an 1st gen

No Gordon you are only partially correct, the Classic (or M1) also came with the plastic sight you mention but the Q First Edition and some Navy Qs have steel night sights as a feature that came out of the box....and the plunger is much easier to swap out....

Reactions: gordon.z

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all, I have a PPQ M2 Navy SD. I'm swapping the factory plastic sights for Trijicon sights. The rear sight slid right out on its own and new one went in just as easily. The front however looks different than the Trijicon sight. The original one has some sort of plastic slit with a small spring in the middle. Could anyone tell me how to remove it, please? :eek:
Thanks,
-Jesse

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all, I have a PPQ M2 Navy SD. I'm swapping the factory plastic sights for Trijicon sights. The rear sight slid right out on its own and new one went in just as easily. The front however looks different than the Trijicon sight. The original one has some sort of plastic slit with a small spring in the middle. Could anyone tell me how to remove it, please? :eek:
Thanks,
-Jesse
It's actually an Allen wrench. It's basically a set screw that you undo. Sorry off hand I do not have the size you need but I can tell you it was the very smallest one that I own in my set.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's actually an Allen wrench. It's basically a set screw that you undo. Sorry off hand I do not have the size you need but I can tell you it was the very smallest one that I own in my set.

Ah! You're right! :D From a side view, it looked like a spring but it is indeed a set screw. I'll have to try it later. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Ah! You're right! :D From a side view, it looked like a spring but it is indeed a set screw. I'll have to try it later. Thanks!
I believe a .050 allen wrench will work....just remove the slide and take it with you to Ace Hardware and look thru their assortment of allen wrenches to see which one fits....while checking for fitment, be sure and turn the wrench counter clockwise......oops, that little allen screw came all the way outta there. LIB, don't guess you need that wrench any more.

When installing, use a little (really, just a little) loctite 242 on the threads and snug that little screw up....not too much, but snug. If you don't have a front sight installation tool, you can use a 3/16" nut driver. However, you may have to modify the nut driver by thinning it down so it will fit into the recessed area where the head of the screw is situated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There's actually one I found on Amazon that's a few bucks and I'll order it when I get my sights. Same concept as the meprolight tool or 'glock tools' but I'd imagine this is a lot easier to use. Below and an Allen key set is all you really need from what I've read.

Wiha 26547 Precision Nut Driver, Inch, 3/16 x 60mm by Wiha

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's actually one I found on Amazon that's a few bucks and I'll order it when I get my sights. Same concept as the meprolight tool or 'glock tools' but I'd imagine this is a lot easier to use. Below and an Allen key set is all you really need from what I've read.

Wiha 26547 Precision Nut Driver, Inch, 3/16 x 60mm by Wiha
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000O5ILUM/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_FfR4sb140BZHT
On the new set of night sights I bought I did not need the nut driver. Walther switched the design to a flat head screw instead. I'm not sure how many people have experienced this yet but it does fit my M2 like a glove.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
On the new set of night sights I bought I did not need the nut driver. Walther switched the design to a flat head screw instead. I'm not sure how many people have experienced this yet but it does fit my M2 like a glove.

What night sights did you buy.....Walther night sights or after market?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I actually have the m2 and I know it has the flat head but if I get trijicon I would need it. That's the reason I recommended that.

Edit: went and ordered my trijicon sights, they're the bright and tough. Trijicon's Retail is 180, bought for 119 from amazon. They didn't have the HD so I ordered the B&T. But I honestly prefer the look of them over the hd. Even though everyone that has answered the question in the forums are recommending the hd I didn't want to wait 8 weeks from trijicon and pay 165 for them.

I'll post an install with pictures when I get them in, they should be here early next week but the hex tool to put on the hd may not be here til Friday so if I don't have anything that works at home it may be another week. Keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What night sights did you buy.....Walther night sights or after market?
Just so no one takes any flat heads to their M2 which is the only one I can speak for at the moment. It is not a flat head!! It's a hex as small as they come; I wasn't able to find my hex keys but I had a t6 torx driver which is the same size and unscrewed it. I did mention I'd get some pics together with the full install but I ended up uninstalling the factory sights on my M2. Posting the pictures below to show what I mean.

As you can see even in the picture there are flat points in there.

The t6 driver on the right is generally used for cell phone screws; ie apple's star shaped screws at the bottom of the phone. That went in perfectly and took the screw right out. After taking the screw out I pushed lightly and the front sight popped out.

Before the install of the trijicon bright and tough I do next week let me know if you guys have any other questions regarding uninstall of original sights.

Edit, I'm not sure if this is the same sights on all M2's but it of course does look like a flat head but in deed is not, what the side actually are--a set of flanges that stuck out and hook to the underside of the slide when the screw is in place thus causing no movement when installed properly, now if you did force it out with a flathead I don't think they would be as secure if you tried reinstalling them.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
OK, here's some better pictures....right from the users manual. Yes, the factory plastic sights are pressed into the slot and secured with an allen screw, requiring a 1.3mm or .050 allen wrench. The metal factory sights use a steel slot headed screw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For future reference the front is easy however the rear i used a small rubber face hammer and tapped it in laying my slide on the table with a towel as to not scratch table or slide took about two minutes (a very small hammer made for firearms) Use the lines on the slide and the spot on the sights to center.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Night Sights

My front sight had a allen head according to the direction that came with my new sights its a 1.3 millimeter the new one use a flat head screw driver I ordered these straight from Walther factory

·
Registered
44 Posts
Curious if the loctite is necessary, I've seen other installs and they didn't mention it.

41 - 60 of 147 Posts