Just wanted to give you guys a heads up
CDNN is listing facory demo P99's from $349 to $399

it says to call...........

also some factory Demo P22's from $189 upwards
and PPK and PPK/S .......

·
Registered
38 Posts
What exactly is a factory demo? Are they just shot a few times for quality checks or are the tortured and shot a lot for durability checks? I would be very interested in one if they are in good condition.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys,

Uncut is correct. I called about the same thing yesterday. I'm actually looking for a P99c in AS 9mm and they do have a few in stock for that price. I'm just not totally sure what is meant by "factory demo" which leaves me a bit leary. Should the fact that it's a factory demo worry me or is my skepticism un-warranted?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess would be that they seen a lot of handling.....
Most of them I would guess go from dealer to dealer.... shown racked and all that.....
I would maybe call S&W and ask if those will have warranty or not
on another note...... I think some time back there was some pics on here of a factory demo SW99.... will need to do a search on it....

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Well, U may wanna hard chrome the side when U get it, to cover any scratches and such.

In the past, CDNN would charge a few dollars extra for them to pick the best out of the used gun batches. Maybe they'll do it for this...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Factory demos are usually the pistols that are given to distributers and their reps. These reps then go to the various gun shops and show off the guns. If the gun shop has a firing range, they usually get to "test fire" the pistol.

Some are in excellent condition, some may have scratches, etc.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would say if you are in the market to go ahead and get one. Most used ones are selling for more than 400, so you can't go wrong there. Plus CDNN does have a return policy if you are not satisfied if I do recall correctly.
Wagemage out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts