Walther Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys axyardbob here ,at a lgs yesterday I SPOTTED in their display case an old pistole. Was a F.E.G. P Model 37 in 7.65 with holster and two magazines . This was from a production run for the Luftwaffe in 1941 ,it has the acceptance stamp Wa ,and the German eagle stamped on the slide and barrel and all serial numbers match . The owner worked in store ,he was gifted it by an uncle along with a Webley which he had already sold . Anyway long story short he's a young fellow who has no interest in old iron,because it's too heavy ,(he was 6'4" and ripped , too heavy ? ). So he has shot it a few times a couple of hundred rounds and doesn't like the frequency of reloads ,( it is a7+1) . Just more of a modern gun kinda guy ,it means nothing to him and he wants to sell it . It had been in case three weeks started at 600.00 been marked down three times now at three hundred so I said 250.00 ? He said done and all there was left to do was paperwork and paying . Online the magazines are going for over a hundred dollars each and the leather holsters at 200.00 and up so I am fairly certain that I could recoup if I don't like it . The pistole is like 85% finish looks like holster wear on front edges ,barrel bright and rifling sharp , original Walnut grips intact and look pretty good for almost 80 years old .
Anybody here have one of these and what do you like or dislike about it ? The only thing I am not use to is the grip safety, in appearance it resembles a 1911 except the angle of the handle is shallower . Any feedback greatly appreciated . Thanks , Ayb

1 - 1 of 1 Posts