Walther Forums banner

Eye dominance issue

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  InfernoMDM 
Buddy went from the marines and then to blackwater. Blackwater finally told him he was left eye dominat and to switch hands. He cant shoot as well as I can (thankfully), but he has gotten alot better. Transitions are a pain in the ass but once you do, your now a ambi shooter, and probably better. That means your better then 95 of the police. Us lefties have it made because were always forced to shooting off handed and learning off handed.

I don't think any of the major classes train point shooting anymore. Basicly put the front sight on the target, and focus on the front sight only. When everything is in line pull the trigger. If you can focus on the front sight you can hit just about anything.

Point shooting is for extremely close shooting, like body contact to a few feet. Do some more research on the subject if not we have a few good guys who can explain my above info in greater, better detail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.