Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Why would anyone want one? It's impractical. If it works (and that's a big IF, because most aftermarket mags simply aren't made right) all that's accomplished is to turn a small handy pistol into a large awkward pistol. If you are willing accept that penalty, you might as well just carry something bigger in a serious caliber.

M

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I saw them on ebay once in a while....
the were advertised as 10 round mags..... but I am not sure whom made them...
I would try tripple K maybe.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike - I agree with you from a carry standpoint. I also agree that most extended mags do not work well. The extended mags I have for my Springfield 1911 were purchased directly from Springfield, and they are crap. Springfield's warranty service is unparalleled, however, so I plan on sending them back to be fixed. In any case - for the Walther; While certainly impractical for conceal/carry, my wife, would like one just for range practice, if possible. Just to cut down on having to change magazines as often.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Mike - I agree with you from a carry standpoint. I also agree that most extended mags do not work well. The extended mags I have for my Springfield 1911 were purchased directly from Springfield, and they are crap. Springfield's warranty service is unparalleled, however, so I plan on sending them back to be fixed. In any case - for the Walther; While certainly impractical for conceal/carry, my wife, would like one just for range practice, if possible. Just to cut down on having to change magazines as often.
TxState: Consider the merit in forcing your wife to learn to change magazines, and to understand the benfit of conserving ammunition, instead of mindlessly running it dry every time she picks it up.

But on the other hand, you better do as prudence requires. That is how one stays married.

I know: I've had the same wife for 42 years.

M

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
How about if they were Walther mags?
Then instead of the Goodyear blimp, the pig could be the Walther blimp.

Extended magazines inherently function on the ragged edge of reliability, even when they are made to stringent specifications, which aftermarket mags seldom are. The basic problems are the conflicting demands for light stripping pressure at the lips vs. strong spring pressure to lift the heavy cartridge column, and a straight mag well vs. the tapered 9mm cartridge case for which a curved magazine would be optimal. Then there is the difficulty loading it. These conflicts get worse as the magazine gets longer.

M

·
Registered
489 Posts
Slight turn of the situation.
I just got back from the range after putting 100 rounds thru a PPK/S 7-round mag in my PPK. Flawless and will be my primary mag when carrying in the shoulder holster. Shooting 7+1 seemed much more than 6+1 for some reason.
Will probably add another 7-round PPK/S mag as a backup so I can carry 14+1.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Then instead of the Goodyear blimp, the pig could be the Walther blimp.

Extended magazines inherently function on the ragged edge of reliability, even when they are made to stringent specifications, which aftermarket mags seldom are.

M
Not necessarily true. The Glock 18 comes with an extended hi-cap mag (31 or 33, I forget which) and it's function is quite reliable. Also awesome to see it fire full auto and empty so quickly. :D
The Beretta 93R was available with a 20 round mag and that was also pretty reliable.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts