Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
You had to post that, didn't you? I was happy in my ignorance, not knowing they made Big Dots for the P99. Now I might just have to check them out. I just put a HiViz fiber optic front sight on my P99 and it works great. BigDots are the only type of night sight I would consider....none of the other brands have the day time performance that I want.

Great...something else to spend my money on!!

Jim

·
Registered
333 Posts
Navy87Guy,

I have tried both these sights you are talking about....the tru glow and the Big dot.

I have settled in on the Big Dot system.

It really depends on the type of shooting you want or need to do. The Big dot system is fantastic for close combat firing and gives a nice "night" view of the sight radius.

The tru Glow gives you better accuracy for punching holes in paper targets. It does perform well in the sunlight, but I did not find a huge improvement in low light situations. Also it allows for more accurate shots at longer ranges. The big dot is a poor performer out past 20 yds or so, al least with my eyes <smile>

If it is super fast target aquisition....the big dot system is for you. I can fire 5 shots into a standard man sized target HEAD area in 3 seconds at 25 feet.........no misses. 40 cal P-99

Get the 24/7 Big dot if you can.............it has a better rear sight than the standard Big dot that I bought.

PS: The Big dot mounts with the same hex nut on the front end of the slide as the tru glow. With blue Loctite, mine has remained tight after 6,000 rds. no problems!

JF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts