Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a set of Express 24/7 Big Dot sights on my P99 today.
So far I'm pretty impressed.
Precision dot drills at 3-5 yards are still good.
Head shots at 10-15 yards are still good.
COM shots out to 30 yards (longest I could get in that bay) are good.
I had a noticeable speed increase on target transitions, especially in the 10-15 yard range.
Also I found that it was easier to score hits while moving, once again it was most noticeable in the 10-15 yard range.
Out at 30 yards precision shots are more difficult than traditional sights, but COM hits on an IDPA target are easy to make.
Conclusion, I didn't see any speed or accuracy increase inside 7-10 yards, due to that being more of a body index shooting distance for me rather than a sighting issue. In the 10-20 yard range I noticed a significant speed increase with no real loss in practical accuracy, especially while moving or shooting multiple targets. Beyond 20 yards, precision shooting is much more difficult, but IDPA A-zone hits are fairly easy out to 30 yards (and possibly out to 40 or 50, but I need to go to the longer bay next time to test out to 50).
So far I'm impressed with the Express sights for a defensive pistol. At practical pistol ranges the increase in speed is worth the minor loss of precision.
I'll try them out at the IDPA match tomorrow morning under the lower light levels in the indoor range.
I also have the IDPA classifier Sunday, we'll see if they help or hurt me on that.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered the sights on Tuesday, installed them on my pistol Friday afternoon.
My digital camera is on the fritz, I'll try to post some pics later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts