Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked everywhere, any and all forums and can't seem to find a dead on answer as to when and where my dream firearm that I just purchased was made. All the tables for serial numbers won't match. It is a Walther PPK/S 9mm kurz. On the left it has the standard Carl Walther stamping and Made in W. Germany. On the right only the serial number 800629 on the slide and frame behind the trigger. No mention of Manurhin or Interarms much less S&W. Any information would be awesome thanks! Pics below!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
What is the date code?

From the SN alone I would say late '85, early to mid-'86 made in Ulm.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
It's a two alpha characters, probably located above the trigger on the right side of the weapon next to the antler. If it is made in the '80s, the first letter will be "I". For instance, if the weapon was proofed in '86 the date code would be "IG".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looked all over no markings anywhere. Is it possible for some to not have it? Would the value of the firearm decrease due to that? Also is it more or less valuable than those marked manurhin or interarms?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
After putting this through PS it looks like the datecode is IF, or 1985. It is visible just after the nitro proof under the slide.

I attempted to read the date code from the chamber hood too, but the photo is too overexposed in that area to do anything with.

Reactions: DrE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How embarrassing! If you haven't already noticed I'm a total noob. Thanks so much for your help. Last question. Do you have an idea of how much this particular piece could go for if I one day wanted to re-sell it?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
msvarela, The coed is on the right side frame above the trigger and between the Trigger pin and the triangle which is part of the mag button!

I can see it in you pistol but the picture is not clear enough to make it out!

Your Pistol was made in Ulm, Germany which makes worth more than an interarms or a S&W PPK/S.

Your pistol can be found anywhere between $ 450-700. in than condition. It all depends on who is looking for a PPK/S when you are actually selling and how quick you want to sell and how bad someone else wants it! If it was a Ulm made PPK it would go for much more money, but what your have is a Ulm made PPK/S!

Why do you ask, are you thinking of selling your prized pistol?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for all your help. If I could pay you I would. Bravo, not really looking to sell, just kinda wanted a ball park appraisal. The bidding started at 650 and I won at 800. So I guess you could say I'm one of those people who wanted it really bad haha. It's nice to know I have a top tier PPK/S though. Can't thank you all enough for the help!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
That there's no Interarms logo on the slide would suggest it was a G.I. purchased piece, likely in Germany, and brought home to the States upon their reassignment.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
4 Posts
late to the table on this one but the bottom line is sit on it. You received some very good prior advice here as you apparently tripped over a winner.
As previously stated you have a true German post war piece, one of the truly early ones too. After the dust up with the new owners of Manurhin Walther went their own way and began producing the PP line at Ulm..
The 32 PP was serialized 700001, (7/86) to 709958, (1/99). The 32 PPK, 801113, (6/86) to 814332, (1/99). The 32 PPK/S, 800001, (12/84) to 806271 (3/89).
The 380 PP, 7000001, (7/86) to 708544, (1/99), the 380 PPK, 800021, (5/85) to 813247, (1/99), and last but not least, the 380 PPK/S 800048 (7/85) to 804970, (7/89).
As with the 32 and 380 PP 700000 series numbers it appears as if the serial numbers series assigned for the 32 PPK and the 32 PPK/S and the 380 PPK and the 380 PPK/S were all folded into the 800000 range and all run concurrent. Leaving the deduction that only 14,969 post war true Walther PPK's and PPK/S's were (and will) ever be produced. Consistent with the whole Walther mystique, no idea how many of each, which keeps this deductive guesswork being so much fun..

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Turn the pistol upside down and look carefully on the bottom edges of the slide. See if anything is written there.

M

1 - 13 of 13 Posts